News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

International Memberships
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:51:59 PM »
Does anyone know if any of the course in Ireland or Scotland are offerring cheap international memberships still?  I was curious if you can still become a member of Machrihanish or the like on the cheap?

David_Tepper

Re:International Memberships
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 01:01:19 PM »
Many golf clubs in GB&I do offer non-resident (sometimes called Country) memberships at very reasonable rates, especially if you stay away from the high-profile and well-known courses.  I have been a Country member at Golspie (the first village north of Dornoch) for 3 years now. The annual fee is 150 pounds, which covers all the golf you can play when you are there.  There is no initiation fee.  Obviously, as you get closer to population centers, it will cost more.      

Eamon Lynch

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 01:07:41 PM »
Some do. Royal St. David's in Wales is only 300 pounds. A few years ago, Royal Portrush upped the international membership fee to 40,000 pounds - and have not had a single international member join since.

JDoyle

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 01:13:26 PM »
A friend of mine just joined Ballybunion as an International Member.  The one time initiation fee was about $12,000.  I do not know about the annual fees.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 01:32:41 PM »
I think many of the north and west coast links have international memberships on offer. I think Enniscrone, Carne and Ballyliffin had offers, maybe about 3,000 euro for life membership.
John Marr(inan)

Mark_F

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
Steve,

I just visted Tain, about nine miles from Dornoch, and a notice in the pro shop window stated that they had vacancies in several categories.

No initiation fee, if I read correctly, and subs of only 250 pounds.

David_Tepper

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 05:08:24 AM »
If you are interested in the other end of the spectrum, I see in the Sept/Oct issue of LINKS magazine that The K Club in Ireland is offering an International Membership for an initiation fee of $25,000+tax and annual dues of $1,350+tax. Such a deal!!!  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back