News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jack_Marr

Re:Winter Weekend in SW Ireland
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 08:18:27 PM »
Just about to impart some wonderful on topic knowledge to Jason and Scott and who should I find giving totally sensible advice but Jack Marr.  How am I going to keep banging on about what a great trip to ireland I had last year if you keep stealing my thunder, Jack. ;D

As I have said before I was not a fan of doonbeg. I'm not saying don't play it, just don't play it on your first visit.  There are many other IMO better options.  

Jason - if you've got time squeeze in Dooks on the Ring of Kerry and County Louth or The Island around Dublin.

Sean, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Kerry is actually the wettest spot in Ireland because of the mountain formation. But weather is an integral part of Irish golf. I just played here in 26 degrees heat and hated it. I'm not built for it. I like nothing better than playing in a cool breeze.

I would recommend the south west, as I would recommend the Dublin area, but don't discount the Northwest. Best value and some excellent courses. Donegal and Galway almost matches Kerry in terms of beauty, but it will be less expensive. That said, if money wasn't an object, I'd probably go to the southwest.
John Marr(inan)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back