News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Cowan-Dewar

Shot of the day from Banff
« on: July 26, 2004, 01:43:56 AM »

The Devil's Cauldron

TEPaul

Re:Shot of the day from Banff
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:26:53 AM »
Looks like a pretty good course except the topography and scenery seems a little boring! Hope you're all having a time of it---wish I was there!

Gene Greco

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 06:56:22 AM »
A coincidental post as I was there ten years ago almost to the day! (July 28, 1994)

Still as beautiful as I remember it. Thanks for sharing.
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 10:47:50 AM »
Of course we are all waiting for some "action shots" and perhaps photographic evidence of golf's most beloved figure actually appearing in public, albeit a very secluded public... ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 12:27:37 AM »
Just a quick confirmation before I pass-out. Ran Morrissett was seen in public, more than once, and in more than one configuiration. It was rather amazing to see virtually carbon copies of Ran in more mature forms. What was even more amazing, was that the more mature versions seemed to exude an even higher level of niceness.  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »
For anyone who's interested in seeing that photo everytime you turn on your computer, just right click on the photo and then click on "Set as Desktop."  Wow!  

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 01:03:56 AM »
Confirming Adam's story, I will second all of that, including his passing out...

A few shots from the remainder of the trip, which I hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did.

The group listening to Doug Wood's talk on Banff

The best table of the evening

Outside my cabin at Jasper before our morning round

A throwback, with his hickory clubs

Cleopatra - The ninth at Jasper

Lac Beauvert and the beautiful 14th at Jasper

Bad Baby - The great short 15th

The 16th at Jasper from behind the green

The great finisher at Jasper

Jason Mandel

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 01:07:08 AM »
WOW!!!

HOPE THE DETAILS ARE TO FOLLOW SHORTLY :)
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 02:52:39 AM »

ForkaB

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 04:34:18 AM »
Thanks, Tommy, for the comparison.

I think that the mountain feature in the background does need a bit of thoughtful renovation.  It certainly doesn't seem to have changed with the times, particularly given the advances in technology.  And, it DEFINITELY needs some tree clearing.

Brad Swanson

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2004, 09:48:53 AM »
This thread makes me want to cry (in more ways than one :'().  Looking forward to the write-up and more pictures.

Cheers,
Brad Swanson

RJ_Daley

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 12:18:18 PM »
Tommy, I don't have the book, but is that a picture from Barclay's "Toronto Terror"?  Is that Walter Hagen (the bottom picture, I mean) ;)

Ran couldn't seem to manage producing the same atmospheric conditions as the bottom picture...  I would have thought the same would hold true that we would see Ran playing golf in public "when heaven froze over", as it appeared to do the night before the old picture was taken by the new ice on the pond.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 12:21:09 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 01:13:58 PM »
Dick- Actually that's not ice on the surface. It's the rocks at the bottom of the pond. The glacier water is so crystal clear that shallow water is but glass. In the deeper water at Jasper the blue refraction is clearly apparent.

FYI- What's amazing about those two photos of the cauldron is that they are taken from completly different angles. The old teeing ground is some 20-30 yds right of the current.

Is the 16th at Jasper Pk. one of the only Thompson holes without the rear eye candy?

Funny how Ben caught the precise spot on #16 where I chipped-in, for my three. ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back