News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Galea

"The Road Hole", St. Andrew's best. . . .
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Steve S,
Take advantage of low airfares and GO PLAY IT! And PLAY IT AGAIN. Then write your paper and perhaps post it under "In My Opinion."
Surely, your instructor would not mind if you took some time off for pure research.
"chief sherpa"

ForkaB

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Steve

Before the Old Course Hotel was built in the 70's, it's site was occupied by abandoned sheds for the railway line which used to come into St. Andrews.  The current "sheds" are an addendum to the hotel which was added in the 1980's to replicate or suggest the original "hazard."  It also may have been intended to serve the purpose of giving golfers a better line and thus sparing the hotel from at least a few of the errant golf balls which continue to terrorize its paying guests and make their glazing supplier smile.

Steve S.

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
Pete,

I really wish I could.  Unfortunately my schedule at this time is really hectic.  I work on a golf course maintenance crew around 30 hrs a week, attend college full time;17 credit hours, and I have 3 small children who just can't live without their "daddy".  Maybe in the not too distant future.  Maybe I will also place my paper when it is finished.  Thanks for the idea.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back