News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Morrissett

Long Island National
« on: August 30, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
OK, OK -- the name won't win any prizes, but this is a pretty good course I played in an outing yesterday.  It's a RT Jones, Jr. high-end daily fee course in Riverhead that's been open just over a month.It's a poorer (but not poor) man's Atlantic -- an attempt to create the "links" look and feel out of a former potato field.  If you forget about this hogwash and just go play, you'll have a good time.There are a number of arresting holes (2,3,12,13,16 in particular) and the supporting cast is solid.  Jones, Jr. continues with his annoying and frustrating (probably his goal?) trait of "cutting off" the landing area for longer players (as John V referenced with all four par fives at the Prince).  This time it is with just two holes -- the par four 1st and par five 4th.  On the latter 3-wood is too much club of the tee (don't ask me how I know).Even though a decent amount of earth was moved, the course should look good in a couple of years after it has grown in more -- the mounding should not look as artificial.As can be expected from RTJ Jr, the course has a good set of greens with plenty of interest.  Not too severe, but still quite good.

Craig

Long Island National
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
How did you like Bandon Dunes?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back