News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

THuckaby2

Re:Harding Park
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2003, 05:01:21 PM »
Oh man, that hurt... ohly because it's so true!

;D ;D
TH

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2003, 05:18:02 PM »
But Tilden has so much of what you love BV:  fog, trees, fog, trees, wet ground, fog, trees..........
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

les_claytor

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2003, 12:04:58 AM »
sorry to hear about the second tee being used.  Those tees were never intended for regular use.  The NCGA put them back there for some reason, and have a 5000 sq. ft. red tee.

Gotta get on the horn.

Jeff_Stettner

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2004, 07:49:33 PM »
Finally played Harding. Had an absolute blast, the property is just stunning and the routing really is unique with the back nine encircling the front.
Enough nicities. Sorry to be lemon drop, but man was the proverbial ball dropped. One green with contour (18, which leaves the other 17 as a series of flapjacks), bunkers that fail to dictate any sense of strategy and tree management that seemed to address only the back tees are  just the start of how this project fell short. The maintenance staff has a long road ahead as they try to keep grass on what appeared to be very thin fairways. I think the course was opened too early.
I give credit to the improvements and the last five holes are absolutely wonderful, but I feel like an echo. What could have been?  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back