News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Noser

Re:More Details on King's Putter III.
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2004, 10:57:58 PM »
Any new news regarding this? Can't wait. Like to know who I may get paired with. just curios to know everyones handi. not that it really matters. but so many people know much about Arch. just wonderin if they are as good af golfers.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2004, 11:10:11 PM »
Brian Noser,

Last year they posted the matches about a week or two prior to the matches, I think.  :P

Trust me, whoever you get paired with will most likely be a great guy.

I played in my first KP last year and met some great guys.  You will too.

Jeff F.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 11:10:51 PM by Jeff_Fortson »
#nowhitebelt

Lou_Duran

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2004, 11:00:55 AM »
Brian,

If you are playing to a two or a three, you are my partner.  I'll dump Fortson who has become rather opinionated and testy since the KPII.  Just make sure that your game is sharp and your back strong.  Whoever gets partnered with me will have a heavy load to carry.

If you have not contacted Dr. Moriarty as he asked with your specifics, you may wish to do so.

The first two KPs were great, and this one will prove to be no exception.   I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the guys, including the cranky new father, Not-So-Junior-Anymore Fortson.  

Mike Hendren

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2004, 11:06:08 AM »
Sweet Lou,

I've got dibs on The Fortsonator if you dump him for Brian.  With the new addition to the family, think about all the sleep he'll get on the plane out.  He'll be rested and ready.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

THuckaby2

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2004, 11:14:03 AM »
I'll take whoever will accept me, and we will take on all challengers no matter what.

A recovering wuss am I,

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2004, 11:57:18 AM »
Mike,

I will be holding tryouts on Friday evening at Lynn's; preliminaries at 6:00 to 7:00; finals at midnight - whenever.
Depending on my standing, and in the event that I can't, I may choose either Brian or Jeff to do so in my stead.

And as for Huckaby, he can play all by himself and still give 99% of us all we can handle.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 11:59:43 AM by Lou_Duran »

THuckaby2

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2004, 12:02:35 PM »
Oh man... Lou I need you as my promoter more often.  Can you also tell my wife what a good husband/father I am even with all the golf?

;D ;D ;D

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2004, 12:08:05 PM »
As the master of marital and family negotiations I am sure that you have this area well handled.  Any kind word that I would pass on to the missus would be superfluous.  And how many aside am I getting?

THuckaby2

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2004, 12:11:59 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Keep working on it, Lou.  Right now you are up to "whatever you feel comfortable taking."

;D ;D ;D

Mike Benham

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2004, 12:12:07 PM »
A late entry to the KPIII ... Robert Halmi Jr. and he's my partner ...  ;)  ;)  ;)

Of course, if he plays for the East (or is it North or non-California), then I protest his handicap ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2004, 12:09:20 PM »
Lou!

Dumping me because I'm not a Reactionary?!  :'(   Well, if our political differences are enough for you to drop me, then so be it.  'Tis a shame our partnership would have to end over such non-golf related issues.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll find a way to reconcile.  :)

Everyone else,

I'll gladly play with anyone that can tolerate an extremely rusty golf pro.  I haven't played since Nov. 5 and only hit balls once in January at Chelsea Piers.  Hopefully, I'll get a good week of golf in before the KP III while visiting my parents in Phoenix.  

Someone once told me what a wife and child would do to my golfing time.  For some reason I didn't believe them.

Mike Hendren,

If Lou does drop me then I will gladly take up arms with you, that is if we are on the same team.  I still don't know who was my partner that day at Pajaro.  Mr. Huckaby is a genius when it comes to that kind of stuff.  I'm sure it all worked out great for No. Cal.!  ;)

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

THuckaby2

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2004, 12:13:03 PM »
If Lou does drop me then I will gladly take up arms with you, that is if we are on the same team.  I still don't know who was my partner that day at Pajaro.  Mr. Huckaby is a genius when it comes to that kind of stuff.  I'm sure it all worked out great for No. Cal.!  ;)
Jeff F.

But you had fun, didn't you Jeff?  If I'm a genius at anything, and it's very doubtful that I am, I might not disagree if the category is "ensuring people have fun."

TH

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2004, 12:26:46 PM »
Tom,

I did have fun.  My comment was meant to be humorous.  No offense intended.  But, what I said is the truth.  JakaB, Hendren, Benham, and I had no idea who was who's partner.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Bill_McBride

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2004, 12:29:40 PM »
Compared to what I'm sure is yet to come, this is pretty mild trash talk!

Mike Benham

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
Tom,

I did have fun.  My comment was meant to be humorous.  No offense intended.  But, what I said is the truth.  JakaB, Hendren, Benham, and I had no idea who was who's partner.

Jeff F.

Right you are Jeff, when I chipped in (for birdie I think - golf clap please!) on the last hole, I assumed it help someone in the match.  

From the look on the faces of my playing partners, I think they all thought they lost ... in reality, I think we were playing the group behind us, or was that in front of us ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

THuckaby2

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2004, 12:48:42 PM »
All taken in very good humor, rest assured!

We had some issues re no-shows, late adds, some folks playing Pasa and then not Pajaro.. it made it a very difficult challenge to come up with decent matches.  On top of that I was faced with ODD numbers....

So my only real concern was fun, which was really all I had any control over!

I just went back to my pairings from last year and damned it is confusing - there was a lot of switching going on that I don't have record of now!  My sheet shows that Fortson was to play Stettner solo, and two of the others were in another group.  I sorta remember now that Stettner bagged and Jeff moved into the group with the others, and then the other two from that group also switched... hey, sorta tough to track!  But since NorCal won, this is all part of my "genius."  Love it!

And Bill - one truly can't talk trash until one knows whom to say it to.  It's pretty unclear this year how the teams will be defined, not to mention who will be on them.  Methinks NorCal v. SoCal has long since gone by the wayside... given most people will be either SoCal or from other parts!  Who's coming from NorCal besides me, Getka, Benham, maybe Stettner, maybe Reilly, maybe two or three others?  

But screw it - the three of us and whoever else that makes it will take all of you on!

Bring it on bitch!

Curious TH

ps - I'm sure David will sort all of this out and all matches will be fun and fair.  I just am quite happy it is indeed out of my hands this year!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:54:17 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2004, 01:14:51 PM »
Jeff,

I can't let you off that easy by dumping you.  For (you) being such a reactionary, you should be forced not only to partner with me, but also to carry my clubs.  ;)

M. Hendren,

I am willing to option the services of the young Fortson.  However, negotiating with a money-grubbing banker does put me at a huge disadvantage.

BTW, the composition of the teams or how anyone plays makes little difference.   If Huck has anything to do with it,  NoCal wins.  It will be interesting to see if the pattern continues now that SoCal is taking over the reins for this year.  I have a feeling that I will find myself on the NoCal team for the first time.

THuckaby2

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2004, 01:16:23 PM »
Hmmmm.. that is an interesting thought, Lou.  Of course this could mean you and I as partners... look out world!

;D ;D ;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2004, 01:18:13 PM »
Lou,

How quickly you forgive and re-claim The Fortsonator!

Typical nouveau Texan -  All hat, no cattle ::)

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2004, 01:35:01 PM »
Where did the infamous Jerry Sofitel go?  I could use a nice reason to get pissed off and start trash talking.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

RJ_Daley

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2004, 01:30:15 PM »
I'm just bringing this back up to the front to give folks a chance to give notice of their plans...

I just booked my airline ticks, and will arrive LAX Wed noon, and will be flexible Wed THurs evenings not making any reservations yet for those nights, then have reservations for the Paso Robles for FRi SAt Sun., and will again hang loose for Mon Tues.  

I am thinking of going to San Diego for Mon Tues to play at BArona and or Balboa.  Gotta leave one or two of those free days for beach time... 8)

I don't leave LAX until Wed. noon.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2004, 07:24:04 PM »
Bringing this back up.

Do I need to make my own game for the Saturday morning round or will I be assigned a group?

If anyone needs a fourth, let me know.

Looking forward to this once again fellas.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

THuckaby2

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2004, 09:23:12 PM »
Jeff:

Just guessing here, but I think games will be set up
for us for all of this.  If not, hell I'd love to play with
you - let's make it happen.

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2004, 09:21:12 AM »
Huck,

Quit trying to steal my partner.  I thought Sat. a.m. was the day of the grudge matches?  

THuckaby2

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2004, 09:23:11 AM »
Lou:

You are too sly for me.  Busted!  ;D

If grudge matches are allowed, then we have a good one in me and shivas against you two... I am a reformed wuss and now want that battle!

;D

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back