News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ForkaB

In praise of Mark Rowlinson
« on: January 08, 2004, 07:06:21 AM »
Those of you who are interested in "hidden gems" in the UK and have not yet bookmarked Mark's "Winter Browsing(s)" series, you should do so posthaste.  At the very least he offers a cornucopia of out-of-competition opportunities for those who will be participating in the GCA Ryder Cup at Painswick in mid-May.  At the best he offers a great framework for some superb golfing holidays in the heart of Britain.

Thanks, Mark!

Marty Bonnar

Re:In praise of Mark Rowlinson
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 08:50:53 AM »
...and sorry, Europe, but we're already one-down!!!

FBD.

PS We ought to have Mark gilded and stored in a Glass diplay cabinet! (Shouldn't be too painful, Mark!)
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Paul_Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 09:14:16 AM »
Yes Mark is a gent and a scholar.  Probably the best traveled (in terms of British courses) person on the globe!  It takes a lot of time to find all those websites.   I love "unkown" courses, even if they only have a couple of really special holes, it's worthwhile seeing them.
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

BCrosby

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 09:52:08 AM »
Let me add my applause. Great job Mark.

Bob

THuckaby2

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 09:55:12 AM »
I'd like to add my applause as well - what an invaluable resource this will be.

BUT... I'd also request it get compiled into one place, somewhere, somehow.  I guess we could all cut and paste it into a document ourselves - and I'm going to do that if I have to - but darn it would be nice if this could be set into one big In My Opinion piece or something so that it doesn't get lost in the mists of old threads, as Mike Sweeney says...

TH

JohnV

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 09:56:36 AM »
Mark, these are really great.  It is interesting to look at the various clubs and see how inexpensive most of them are to join.  Over the years, I've considered retiring in England and seeing how little some of these courses cost to join, I will definitely will check many of them out when that time comes.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 10:01:58 AM »
Thanks Rich for reminding me to read this spendid account.

Norbert P

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 01:49:31 AM »
  Yes, thank you Mark for all the time and effort you put into sharing your beloved playing fields.  

With hat in hand and a handshake,  Norbert of Oregon
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back