News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Cummings

Joe Lee Inquiry
« on: January 17, 2004, 11:01:36 AM »
I know Joe Lee died (last summer?).  I was interested if his design firm lives on and if so how to get in touch with those associates.  I searched google with no results.  Anybody help me out?  JC

David_Tepper

Re:Joe Lee Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 06:44:26 PM »
There was an article about Joe Lee in the Nov/Dec issue of T&L Golf. You probably can pull the article up on their website:

www.tlgolf.com

You might find some useful info in the article.

Mitch Hantman

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 11:05:38 PM »
Joe passed away about 10 months ago.  His firm is no longer active in building courses, but Rocky Rocquemore may be.  He is located somewhere in Georgia.  If you email me directly, I may be able to find out more.

Keith Williams

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 03:06:56 PM »
Rocky is still active in design, based here in Georgia.  Also of the same architectural "lineage" is Jeff Burton (a former Roquemore associate, and Rocky's brother-in-law I believe) who is also out designing courses.  I am fairly sure that Jeff is also based in Georgia.  Both of them have current projects in the southeast, Jeff's in metro Atlanta and Rocky's is near Hilton Head.  For more information on some of the designs they have worked on (along with some Joe Lee courses) visit www.canongategolf.com.  That is the homepage for the group of country clubs that the Roquemore/Burton family formerly owned.

Hope this helps,

Keith.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 03:12:09 PM »
Helps a bunch - thanks Keith.  JC

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 09:57:13 PM »
Jonathan;

Joe Lee was also assisted quite a bit in his latter years by Tim Freeland, who worked with Gary Player some years ago.

I know he has a website, as well.  Joe Lee's final course at Musket Ridge in MD was largely Freeland's work.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back