News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim_Weiman

Re: Tom Doak's Kilshannig Golf Club
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
For perspective on this project, it has now been about ten years since I spoke to Arthur Spring about his efforts to develop a golf course at Inch, the all world site not far from Castlegregory.

At that time, Spring, the brother of a former Prime Minister, was fifteen years years into his effort to get planning permission.

Tim Weiman

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
Golf developments like all business ventures have a life of their own. It is a shame this one may have passed.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »
This Kilshanning 36 holer along with the absoultely fantastic Inch site on the opposite side of the peninsula (opposite Dooks for those playing there) that Tim talks of above would have made Dingle the most wonderful golf destination... As it is most golfers pass Dingle by but it's a town (and area) made for staying a few nights...

David_Tepper

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
I presume Nick Flado's golf course project on an island off the west coast of Ireland is dead as well. Is that the case?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
Bump.

any info on status of this

Dead and buried, as far as I know.  Someone told me they were looking into it a year or two ago, but I never heard anything more than that.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
I presume Nick Flado's golf course project on an island off the west coast of Ireland is dead as well. Is that the case?

I believe they finally got some sort of planning approval back in 2007 just as the economy took a dive. That will last for 5 years and given that there is no news and a ferry to the island was needed, those I've talked to in the area can't see this one ever coming back.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back