News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_beene

Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club
« on: October 23, 2024, 10:16:25 PM »
Saw OKC Golf & CC hosting college tournament this week. Other than it apparently being a long and narrow property with a busy road going through, difficult to tell much from TV. I know some of you must have seen the course at some point. Is Maxwell still visible?

Ben Hollerbach

Re: Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:40:28 AM »
Unfortunatly its been 20 years since I've last seen the course, I know that Tripp Davis did a "restoration" just a few years ago. But I'd imagine due to the meandering creek and small parcel size that the original routing is still mainly in tact, especially on the back 9.

Bill Crane

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 02:21:25 PM »
Curious about this myself.   Other than a lot of slope on the greens these seem to have much less interesting features than you would expect on those designed and built by Maxwell.   At least the few that I have played, which may only be Crystal Downs and Old Town.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:30:29 AM »
Unfortunatly its been 20 years since I've last seen the course, I know that Tripp Davis did a "restoration" just a few years ago. But I'd imagine due to the meandering creek and small parcel size that the original routing is still mainly in tact, especially on the back 9.

Ditto on 20 years though it was one of my favorites during my time there. Things get a little weird around 12 and 13. 13 is the boomerang par 5. I would say it’s quite obviously Maxwell, at least the last time I saw it, if you understand that not every Maxwell looks like Prairie Dunes or Old Town! It is an unusual routing with the first hole crossing the driving range and holes 10 through 14 across the road.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back