GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Best golf roadtrip on one highway?

<< < (5/5)

Peter Sayegh:

--- Quote from: A.G._Crockett on October 02, 2024, 08:37:29 AM ---US 1 in NC beginning at Sanford with Tobacco Rd, then down thru the Pinehurst area.

--- End quote ---
Great call A.G.
You have all the notables and some pretty good locals without much driving from US1.

Tom_Doak:

--- Quote from: Ira Fishman on October 02, 2024, 03:30:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: mike_malone on October 02, 2024, 02:14:01 PM ---I think we had an old thread on Route 1 on East coast of USA. I believe Seminole is one. My Rolling Green is one. I think in some areas I -95 substitutes for Route 1.

--- End quote ---

Route 1 is a great call. It goes inland enough to pick up Augusta, Aiken, the NC Sandhills plus the ones along 95 where they run close to each other.

--- End quote ---

As an East Coast boy, it's gotta be US 1, although I-75 is not too shabby:

The Loop
Oakland Hills and Detroit
Inverness
Camargo
Holston Hills
Lookout Mountain or The Honors Course
East Lake
Tampa
SE Florida

US-101 is not quite as good in California as Highway 1, but it does continue to Bandon.

mike_malone:
I think if you require driving off the road into the club’s entrance US 1 is tough to beat.

Bill Shamleffer:
Read BLUE FAIRWAYS, by Charlie Stack.  He golfs along the full stretch of US Highway 1.

Stewart Abramson:

--- Quote from: Bill Shamleffer on Yesterday at 10:04:55 PM ---Read BLUE FAIRWAYS, by Charlie Stack.  He golfs along the full stretch of US Highway 1.

That's a very good read.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version