GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Best golf roadtrip on one highway?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Tim Martin:

--- Quote from: Tony_Muldoon on October 02, 2024, 02:46:31 PM ---Why nothing comes close to the A198.
12 courses in 9.5miles.  or 9 of them, GCA favourites.

--- End quote ---

I’ll put Route 27 on Long Island, NY from the Nassau County line out to Montauk against any one hundred mile stretch on the planet. I’m not going to list them because those in the know are aware of what’s there.

Kalen Braley:

--- Quote from: Tim Martin on October 02, 2024, 03:14:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tony_Muldoon on October 02, 2024, 02:46:31 PM ---Why nothing comes close to the A198.

--- End quote ---

I’ll put Route 27 on Long Island, NY from the Nassau County line out to Montauk against any one hundred mile stretch on the planet. I’m not going to list them because those in the know are aware of what’s there.

--- End quote ---

If we limit it to just one 17 mile drive road, I can think of one that perhaps is unmatched as well.  ;)

Ira Fishman:

--- End quote ---

Tony,

That is not a road trip. It is a staycation. Unfortunately my wife still won't move from the States to North Berwick.

Ira Fishman:

--- Quote from: mike_malone on October 02, 2024, 02:14:01 PM ---I think we had an old thread on Route 1 on East coast of USA. I believe Seminole is one. My Rolling Green is one. I think in some areas I -95 substitutes for Route 1.

--- End quote ---

Route 1 is a great call. It goes inland enough to pick up Augusta, Aiken, the NC Sandhills plus the ones along 95 where they run close to each other.

archie_struthers:
 8) 8) 8)

Tim my bad as to the 14 limit.... sure there are plenty more on the Parkway

::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version