News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

Helene Golf Course Damage
« on: Yesterday at 09:10:32 AM »
Although a very minor aspect of the tragic consequences of Helene, golf courses have suffered.  Is this report on Augusta National accurate?  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-13902495/Augusta-National-Hurricane-Helene-golf-club-destroyed.html
I'm not sure the Mount Mitchell Golf Course in N.C., where I have a second home, will survive.  One observer says it will not, but it's all too early to know for certain.  Courses all over western N.C. have likely suffered extensive damage, although understandably first focus is on food, water, and getting power and communications back up.

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Helene Golf Course Damage
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:37:11 PM »
My course in upstate SC has seven holes underwater and trees down everywhere. It will thrive again, but it will take a while.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 02:36:04 PM »
That photo isn't of the golf course. I'm sure there are trees down everywhere at ANGC, but that's not really a concern for them. They'll just bring in more if they need/want to; it's not like money is an object.

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:37:20 PM »
My course in upstate SC has seven holes underwater and trees down everywhere. It will thrive again, but it will take a while.

Musgrove Mill or elsewhere?

I've been wondering how bad it is at Musgrove; that course can flood in some places even from regular storms thanks to the river.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:48:13 PM »
Cabot Farm?

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 04:20:32 PM »
I don't think that a photo of Augusta
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Craig Sweet

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:12:03 PM »
A thunderstorm moved through Missoula, Montana last month and all the golf courses lost trees. At the Missoula Country Club about 170 trees came down. Irrigation lines were also ripped up. 

It saddens me how much destruction these storms are causing in the South.  And the loss of lives....so so horrible. 
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Chris Hughes

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 11:11:51 PM »
A thunderstorm moved through Missoula, Montana last month and all the golf courses lost trees. At the Missoula Country Club about 170 trees came down. Irrigation lines were also ripped up. 

It saddens me how much destruction these storms are causing in the South.  And the loss of lives....so so horrible.
Who is it you are suggesting should be "locked up"...??
"Is it the Chicken Salad or the golf course that attracts and retains members ?"

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:22:44 PM »
I don't think that a photo of Augusta

It's definitely not a photo of the golf course.

I think it is a photo of the surrounding area that they own, though.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back