News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: Pinehurst No 10 - New Tom Doak design
« Reply #200 on: Yesterday at 08:31:01 AM »
It's not "an easy walk" like Pinehurst #2, which is much flatter.  It's a big course with some elevation change [not quite 100 feet top to bottom], there are a couple of long transitions between holes, and it's sandy underfoot.

But that shouldn't give anyone the impression that it's a very difficult walk when you've got a caddie handling your bag.  You're probably not going to be ready to go around again, if you're not young and fit.  But if you can't walk Pinehurst #10, you can't walk Pine Valley or Augusta, and I've never seen anyone here trying to scare people away from playing those.

Stephen Smith

« Reply #201 on: Yesterday at 10:24:48 AM »
I played it in August (hot, hot) and it is not an easy walk but not to the point where it detracts from the experience. 

I thought it was an interesting course.  The greens are good and you had a really nice mix of holes.  You go from the short 8th with a visually intimidating tee shot to the 9th which is all right in front of you (and is a monster hole).   

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #202 on: Yesterday at 01:34:38 PM »
After a week of golf, I walked it with a caddie on a hot day in September. My 77-year-old legs were unhappy on some of the hills, but the terrain made the course interesting and fun. It certainly is walkable. Beginning with Bandon, many resorts have gone to "walking only, unless you have a doctor's note." I like that. I enjoy walking, and I like having a caddie. A caddie helps me concentrate more because I discuss many of the shots with him.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back