News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Advice this weekend SC
« on: Today at 11:40:08 AM »
Small group of 7 Deal members in Aiken on my 60th trip. The weather has hit hard and Old Barnwell is closed tomorrow, there’s an event on a Tree Farm. Any ideas within 90 minutes that may have got away with the weather and we can access on a Saturday?
Cave Nil Vino

jeffwarne

Re: Advice this weekend SC
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:25:36 PM »
Small group of 7 Deal members in Aiken on my 60th trip. The weather has hit hard and Old Barnwell is closed tomorrow, there’s an event on a Tree Farm. Any ideas within 90 minutes that may have got away with the weather and we can access on a Saturday?

Camden?
Aiken GC?
The problem will be less about it's a Saturday and more about pent up demand from everywhere being closed since Thursday.
I don't think anywhere within 90 miles escaped the wrath
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Matt Schoolfield

Re: Advice this weekend SC
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:46:10 PM »
I mean a Category 1 Hurricane in the middle of Georgia is really an act of god. Tropical storm force winds currently cover the entire state of South Carolina (per NOAA/NHC). If I were you I would try to get as far away from the center of the storm as possible, and that means driving a few hours. Kiawah Island may be the best bet, as it's in the exact opposite direction of the storm.
GolfCourse.Wiki
Wigs on the Green
GCA Extension v2.0.1: Firefox/Chrome

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back