News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Presidents Cup and Royal Montreal
« on: Today at 12:36:32 PM »
There has been no discussion of either. Who has played RM? It looks like a good test for the players. Does anyone care about the Presidents Cup?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Jim Hoak

Re: Presidents Cup and Royal Montreal
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:44:33 PM »
I don't care about the Presidents' Cup--and I'm beginning to not care about the Ryder Cup either.
Golf shouldn't be and is not a team sport--as the meaningless team competition on LIV has shown.
And hopefully it shouldn't be a nationalistic sport either.
The "USA" chants for Bryson at the US Open turned me off forever.  I was pulling for Rory; am I being un-American?  I don't believe so; I hope not.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:12:09 PM »
I don't care about the Presidents' Cup--and I'm beginning to not care about the Ryder Cup either.
Golf shouldn't be and is not a team sport--as the meaningless team competition on LIV has shown.
And hopefully it shouldn't be a nationalistic sport either.
The "USA" chants for Bryson at the US Open turned me off forever.  I was pulling for Rory; am I being un-American?  I don't believe so; I hope not.

I echo your comments. The USA chants turn me off, and I cringe when I hear them at regular tournaments. They are boorish and don't belong at a golf tournament.

I enjoy watching match play, so I watch the matches, but generally, I don't root for anyone. I enjoy watching the strategy and shots.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Keith Phillips

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:26:49 PM »
I love team golf, including the Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup, NCAA Championships AND the LIV event (loved the drama on the back nine). The President's Cup is tough because it's been too one-sided - not sure what the solution is there.  And why should golf be the only sport where a fan can't cheer loudly for their country?  Played Royal Montreal with a member two days after the 1997 Canadian Open. I don't remember much about the architecture but do remember is the 6" rough made it a long day for me! Royal Montreal is a very elegant club - back then if you wore shorts you had to wear knee socks, which they sell in great volume in their pro-shop!

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:46:30 PM »
At the risk of sounding unpatriotic I really don’t care about the Presidents Cup. I went to the event at Royal Montreal in 2007 after the course had been “Presidents Cup Doctored” by Rees Jones and wish I could have seen Dick Wilson’s work which had been pretty much abandoned. Not a fan of Rees so the golf course did not impress me as anything more than being overly penal which in his defense were probably the marching orders. I was somewhat familiar with Montreal after making more than a couple “educational” field trips while attending college in Burlington, VT. ;D
« Last Edit: Today at 02:10:22 PM by Tim Martin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back