News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Crane

Folks ~   
I am hosting a few friends from the nascent William Flynn Society for lunch and golf at Springdale GC (Princeton NJ) next week on Friday Oct. 4th.   Thought that some GCA folks may be interested in joining us.

Springdale is a private club founded in 1895 which moved to it’s current site in 1901.   The course was re-designed by William Flynn re-opening in 1927.   Wayne Morrison will be joining us and he believes Springdale is the only course that still has at least 17 original Flynn greens.   The club is in town and has a unique setting for the US - surrounded by PU Undergraduate, Graduate College and Princeton Theological Seminary buildings.   Our iconic and ubiquitous symbol is the Cleveland Tower at the Graduate College - a  173 foot Collegiate Gothic structure built as a memorial to former PU Trustee US President Grover Cleveland.
With a compact footprint the course is eminently walkable.

Springdale completed a bunker restoration program last November led by architect Ian Andrew with historical input from Flynn expert Wayne Morrison and we will have a discussion on the project.
Lunch will be at noon with tee times after 1:00.

Please PM me if interested in joining us at Springdale and I will forward you the (modest) cost for Golf and food.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:40:04 PM by Bill Crane »

Bill Crane

Folks ~   
I am hosting a few friends from the nascent William Flynn Society for lunch and golf at Springdale GC (Princeton NJ) next week on Friday Oct. 4th.   Thought that some GCA folks may be interested in joining us.

Springdale is a private club founded in 1895 which moved to it’s current site in 1901.   The course was re-designed by William Flynn opening in 1927.   Wayne Morrison will be joining us and he believes Springdale is the only course that still has at least 17 original Flynn greens.   The club is in town and has a unique setting for the US - surrounded by PU Undergraduate, Graduate College and Princeton Theological Seminary buildings.   Our iconic and ubiquitous symbol is the Cleveland Tower at the Graduate College - a  173 foot Collegiate Gothic structure built as a memorial to former PU Trustee US President Grover Cleveland.
With a compact footprint the course is eminently walkable.

Springdale completed a bunker restoration program last November led by architect Ian Andrew with historical input from Flynn expert Wayne Morrison and we will have a discussion on the project.
Lunch will be at noon with tee times after 1:00.

Please PM me if interested in joining us at Springdale and I will forward you the (modest) cost for Golf and food and information.

mike_malone

Bill,
Unfortunately I have Tom Coyne’s dad coming to RG that day.

Interested in the comment about the 17 original Flynn greens. What does that mean? 
AKA Mayday

Mike Worth

Bill, I am interested I sent you a private message. I live in Mount Laurel a stones throw away. I would be honored if I could get an invite.

Bill Crane

Mike:
Replied to your PM - delighted to have you.
There is still some space if others are interested.
Bill

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back