News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Hughes

Re: Stonewall Elverson Pa
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 10:57:46 PM »
Stonewall is the best managed club in the Golf Association of Philadelphia. 

There is a lot of stability sinces its founding, the club knows what it is and what it is not. 

Seems to reflect the same sentiment Tom Doak expressed earlier in this thread.

Reminds me of a story a friend of mine related about a friend of his joining Seminole:

...a friend of mine joined Seminole 30 years ago.In the first few days that he was a member, an older member approached him and said:"I understand that you're a new member.  Why did you join Seminole ?"  My friend went on to list the reasons.The old member then replied:"So you joined Seminole because you loved everything about it, just the way it is.  Please make sure that you preserve "The" Seminole that you wanted to join and please don't make any attempts to change it."  Too often today, new members want to change the club just a few years into their membership.

It sure appears Stonewall, like Seminole, has successfully maintained the "golf club" culture that has made the place a success.

Golf clubs everywhere should take note....
"Is it the Chicken Salad or the golf course that attracts and retains members ?"

Chris Hughes

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 11:07:17 PM »
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:42:54 PM by Chris Hughes »
"Is it the Chicken Salad or the golf course that attracts and retains members ?"

Chris Hughes

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 11:09:56 PM »
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:42:14 PM by Chris Hughes »

Chris Hughes

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 11:41:34 PM »
It's nice to hear the love for Stonewall.  I wish every club I built had that much intrinsic understanding of golf and such good people in charge.

I do think the North course is underrated.  It's hosted the Men's Mid- Am AND the Women's Mid-Am, to great success, even though there was no intention of building a championship course there.

I caddied in that Men's Mid-Am. 

My man was top-10 after stroke play qualifying and halfway through round-1 of match-play (Old Course) thought to myself..."if I have to go 36-holes on this track tomorrow, I have a real problem"...!!

Unfortunately we didn't get to play the next day but learned a lesson that week...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back