News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Hamilton Farm Golf Club in Gladstone, New Jersey which was an original Hurdzan/ Fry design was recently renovated  by Fry / Straka Global Golf.  The facilities and property beyond golf are incredible which include one of the best par 3 courses on the planet as well as stables which are home to the US Equestrian Team....not a bad place to hang for a few days.

https://www.hurdzangolf.com/hamilton-farm
https://www.frystraka.com/course-gallery/hamilton-farm
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jeff Schley

Wow more work at HF. Played there back in 2018 and IIRC they had done work less than 10 years prior.  You are correct in that the high end experience is certainly done very well.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Niall C

I've got to ask, what on earth are they doing to a course that is only c.25 years old ?

Niall

Anthony_Nysse

I’m quite confident that all the bunkers were reworked along with some grassing lines. Not much more in the scope.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Steve Lapper

I’m quite confident that all the bunkers were reworked along with some grassing lines. Not much more in the scope.

That's exactly what happened (and was long overdue). They do have a new superintendent, having let go the previous one last year after some unfortunate (nasty heat wave and semi-drought) impacts on the Highlands course.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 11:13:44 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Keith Phillips

Played for the first time a few weeks ago.  Amazing property - a big golf course. 18th in Golf Digest's 'best in state' seems very low.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back