News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Cronan

Re: Impressions from US Am
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2024, 07:29:43 PM »
Compelling is a great word to describe the final match. I was very impressed with the talent and poise of both Kent and Ballester. Per my philosophy on these amateur events, I was “rooting” for both players until members of the gallery started chanting “USA!! USA!!”, at which point I started pulling a little for the Spaniard.

No doubt we’ll be treated to similar shouts at the Little League World Series.

Tim Martin

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2024, 09:39:40 AM »
Compelling is a great word to describe the final match. I was very impressed with the talent and poise of both Kent and Ballester. Per my philosophy on these amateur events, I was “rooting” for both players until members of the gallery started chanting “USA!! USA!!”, at which point I started pulling a little for the Spaniard.

No doubt we’ll be treated to similar shouts at the Little League World Series.

Patriotism and decorum often collide when there is an international field regardless of the sport or venue. I am not condoning same but it’s the way of the world and will not disappear any time soon.

PCCraig

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2024, 04:07:52 PM »
I went out this past Saturday for the Semi finals. The weather was wonderful and overall it was a great viewing experience.

Hazeltine is going to get blown up in the coming years...completely redesigned...so that will tell you that even the membership is ready to move on. But for this event it was in awesome shape. And since it's match play I'm not sure anyone was really fretting over the course.

Ballister is an absolute stud. He'll be a really good pro someday.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back