News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Blain

Re: What do you know about Mohawk Golf Club?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2024, 12:13:39 PM »
What’s the consensus on McGregor Links in Wilton?

Hi Tim-
At one time way back in the day McGregor Links was truly one of the best courses in upstate, NY but unfortunately due to overzealous home building and changes in ownership I believe that is no longer the case.
It has probably been more than a decade since I have played there but I remember being very disappointed that so many homes had been built (many just a few yards from tee boxes, etc.) and the conditioning was pretty abysmal. I know the club once again has new owners so maybe it's better but even if it is, it is a different course than the one that was so highly regarded and a joy to play.
Maybe if you happen to be in the neighborhood it would be worth checking out but certainly not worth a special trip, unfortunately. Just my opinion, of course.
I hope you are well.  John B.

Tim Martin

Re: What do you know about Mohawk Golf Club?
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2024, 06:54:36 PM »
What’s the consensus on McGregor Links in Wilton?

Hi Tim-
At one time way back in the day McGregor Links was truly one of the best courses in upstate, NY but unfortunately due to overzealous home building and changes in ownership I believe that is no longer the case.
It has probably been more than a decade since I have played there but I remember being very disappointed that so many homes had been built (many just a few yards from tee boxes, etc.) and the conditioning was pretty abysmal. I know the club once again has new owners so maybe it's better but even if it is, it is a different course than the one that was so highly regarded and a joy to play.
Maybe if you happen to be in the neighborhood it would be worth checking out but certainly not worth a special trip, unfortunately. Just my opinion, of course.
I hope you are well.  John B.

Thanks John :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back