News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

Rick Shiels at St. Patrick's
« on: August 07, 2024, 09:24:18 AM »
Rick Shiels was recently in Ireland and posted a video of his round at St. Patrick's. It does a great job showcasing just how cool the course is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qH0AhwkWgY

Of course, the next video that loaded when that one ended was his round at Royal County Down, which immediately moved it to the top of my bucket list.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Rick Shiels at St. Patrick's
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 01:06:15 PM »
He's insufferable to listen to for 50 minutes (I stopped watching his videos years ago), but this was a fun look at St Patrick's.  On list for a future Ireland visit.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

David Kelly

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 02:43:09 PM »
He's insufferable to listen to for 50 minutes (I stopped watching his videos years ago), but this was a fun look at St Patrick's.  On list for a future Ireland visit.
Agree, I played the video with the sound off.

I played St. Patrick's in the summer of 2021 and had the course to myself for most of the day (I had almost every golf course to myself that summer).  It is a great experience but a different course when the wind is up.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2024, 06:05:12 PM »
I wish it was that easy for me to play!  But it looked like he had a pretty calm day.

Rick Sides

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 07:47:20 AM »
Dan, just got back from Royal County Down! It’s amazing and worth the journey. Right to the top of my list of courses I’ve played.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2024, 11:12:00 AM »
I wish it was that easy for me to play!  But it looked like he had a pretty calm day.
Certainly appeared to be a very calm day.
I also believe I observed elsewhere the man in question playing a shot from a situation that wasn’t as shown on the published YouTube piece. 15th hole. Happy to be corrected if I’ve misinterpreted things.
Atb

Rick Sides

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2024, 08:47:54 PM »
Thomas what happened on the YouTube video at hole 15?

Thomas Dai

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2024, 04:34:34 AM »
Thomas what happened on the YouTube video at hole 15?
It’s not shown on the full length YouTube published video but a short video clip that popped-up on social media showed a shot played from a back-left bunker. But that’s not where the tee-shot shown on the full length piece published on YouTube finished. Curious situation. Maybe the short clip was from playing another course but the backdrop at StP/15th is pretty distinctive. As I say happy to be corrected if I’ve misinterpreted things.
Atb

Rick Sides

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2024, 09:48:47 AM »
I know that some YouTubers edit video and do some retakes lol

jeffwarne

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back