News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

East Quogue New York golf
« on: July 24, 2024, 10:45:55 AM »
Anyone familiar with the project by the Discovery Land Company? I know they had permitting problems.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Steve Lapper

Re: East Quogue New York golf
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 11:22:15 AM »
Yes,

It has been a slow, long and arduous path for this project to reach fruition.

While I've not "checked in" with my sources on the deal in nearly a year, It was my understanding that the agreement between the township and Discovery had been reached, at least in principle, and that was mostly predicated on the golf course siting vs. the allowable # of residential units on property. I might speculate that the parties are currently engaged in the entitlement and approval period with the various regulatory bodies (and there are many).

Paging Jeff Warne or Gene Greco for their knowledge and local perspective.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024, 11:37:15 AM »
Has an architect been chosen?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Brian Finn

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 11:55:18 AM »
Lots of detail direct from the source - perhaps outdated, but I have to imagine details such as the architect have not changed.

New golf course in the Hamptons (golfclubatlas.com)
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back