News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Morandi

Saturday at The Open
« on: July 20, 2024, 11:48:40 PM »
I don’t know about you, but I was impressed by the play on the back nine when the weather turned sour. Scottie’s 3 wood into 17. Billy’s up and downs. Justin gutting it out. The leaders proved that with a big prize on the line they could dig deep. What a golf course!

Jeff Evagues

Re: Saturday at The Open
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 10:45:48 AM »
Except Lowry is crying it wasn't fair.
Be the ball

David Cronan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 11:23:39 AM »

I tend to give players wide berth on comments made after a round, particularly after a major. They are all uber- competitive athletes participating in the most emotional of professional sports who are required to sit and answer questions, sometimes inane, by a group of reporters immediately after spending 4-5 hours giving their all.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 04:53:02 AM »

I tend to give players wide berth on comments made after a round, particularly after a major. They are all uber- competitive athletes participating in the most emotional of professional sports who are required to sit and answer questions, sometimes inane, by a group of reporters immediately after spending 4-5 hours giving their all.
This.  A world class player has just seen his hopes of winning a second major severely dented whilst playing in utterly miserable conditions and a bloke who's been sat at home on the sofa (probably with a cold beer) has a pop at him because he's upset in his post-round interview.  Thank you for your more measured response than I was tempted to make.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 08:26:02 AM »

That made me laugh Lowry had the best of the weather in the first two days and Rose who teed off the other side of each day had the worst of the weather his 68 on Friday was a glorious round IMO

Ian Andrew

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 08:46:29 AM »
I was in awe. The number of great shots under nearly impossible conditions was so impressive. It’s the best golf I’ve watched in years. Not because it was hard on them, but because they were great when it’s hard to be good.
With every golf development bubble, the end was unexpected and brutal....

Niall C

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 08:56:08 AM »
I was in awe. The number of great shots under nearly impossible conditions was so impressive. It’s the best golf I’ve watched in years. Not because it was hard on them, but because they were great when it’s hard to be good.

Ian

Very well put. The overall level of play of the leaders was outstanding while Schauffle's golf was impeccable. It's hard to believe he won't go on and win a handful more majors.

Niall

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2024, 11:58:30 AM »

Ian

Very well put. The overall level of play of the leaders was outstanding while Schauffle's golf was impeccable. It's hard to believe he won't go on and win a handful more majors.

Niall

Niall, +1

To boot he's only 30 and I can't recall the last time a guy in that position was in such complete control with the 3 Cs...Cool, Calm, and Confident. It reminded me of various MMA Champions I've seen who maintained control despite the chaos inside the ring with a title on the line.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back