News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andre Masse

High Grove (FL) - New Private Golf Destination
« on: July 09, 2024, 02:39:23 PM »
Anybody's got more information or informed opinions about High Grove?

The trend for private golf travel destinations continues to show no signs of slowing down. Seems like the near-overnight hype around destination clubs like Ohoopee is fueling conviction among developers that the model can work, but I just keep wondering about the depth of the target audience for those clubs.

GD article: http://www.golfdigest.com/story/gil-hanse-jim-wagner-new-exclusive-private-club-high-grove-florida

"Opening in November 2025 in Venus, Florida, High Grove spans 1,200 acres of pristine citrus groves nestled atop undulating ancient sand dunes, boasting elevations ranging from 105 to 175 feet above sea level. Situated at the southern end of the 100-mile-long Lake Wales Ridge—the same ridge that gave rise to Mountain Lake—this exclusive property is set to redefine luxury golf in Florida.

High Grove plans to build 36 Gil Hanse designed holes, 54 exquisite cottage rooms, and a private heliport, positioning itself as Florida's premier golf destination. Unlike traditional clubs, membership at High Grove entails no monthly dues, with fees based solely on usage.

Membership will be limited to 250 individuals, reflecting a commitment to maintaining an intimate and exclusive atmosphere for all members."

Jeff Schley

Re: High Grove (FL) - New Private Golf Destination
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 02:46:48 PM »
I think they will do well and reach 250 members, provided the cost isn't outrageous. Unique business model without dues and built on usage. Inland golf in Florida could use some good options during the winter months. Wish them well.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve_Roths

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 03:12:58 PM »
I thought this was a $500k buy in but there is a few of these type of clubs so I could be wrong.

It does look like Gil could do something cool here.  I also thought it was going to be 18 and a par 3 course but now looks like two 18 hole courses.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 09:17:49 PM »
Great topo but no deep pockets population
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 04:28:17 AM »
Unique business model without dues and built on usage.

It’s hardly unique; it’s the Ohoopee business model which is all the rage just now, unsurprisingly since some of the same players are involved.  Also seen at The Tree Farm, High Pointe, Childress Hall, and I’m sure a few others.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 09:57:57 AM »
Unique business model without dues and built on usage.

It’s hardly unique; it’s the Ohoopee business model which is all the rage just now, unsurprisingly since some of the same players are involved.  Also seen at The Tree Farm, High Pointe, Childress Hall, and I’m sure a few others.
Yes I knew about Ohoopee, tree farm just opened last year.  High Pointe and Childress Hall are they even open yet?  Let me say rare business model then.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Keith Williams

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 10:48:14 AM »
No comment or opinion on the business model, but I can say that this site and the immediate surrounds first caught my eye about seven years ago while driving from Southwest Florida over to the east coast.  The land from Venus up toward Lake Placid looked so good from the highway that I took detour and spent a half hour driving around the backroads just to see more.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back