News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gallant

Re: 7 Mile Beach, Hobart, Tasmania
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2021, 05:02:12 PM »
Great or successful?

https://7milegolf.com.au/2021/07/03/great-or-successful/

“if the prettiest tree in a forest of pretty trees falls down, how do we know it was the prettiest ? And how many more trees do I need to cut down to get a Doak 9 ?” :D

A lovely blog post. And the end is the clincher:

-Tasmanian Feel
-Tasmanian Values
-Showcase the Tasmanian Landscape

Hard to deal in absolutes, but for a good majority of destination courses, I think you could substitute 'Tasmanian' for the local name of where the course is being built, and you'd be off to a strong start. For example, for the new Cabot St Lucia, I would hope the course would highlight the St Lucian landscape, the vibe and feel of the island life, and embody the values of what makes the place different to anywhere else. That's what will keep it from blurring in with the other 'great' modern builds, and give it something it can own and be proud of.

Thomas Dai

Re: 7 Mile Beach, Hobart, Tasmania New
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2024, 01:55:28 PM »
This 7MB video appeared on my YouTube feed.

Made 5 months ago and a sponsored travel piece but having visited the site myself a little while ago it’s still indicative of the wonderful location and various aspects of the course.

Enjoy - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkHG_JCeDNg

The course as seen in the video piece is much more green and grown-in than when I visited during a very parched and dry March.

Gonna be a bit special.

Atb
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 02:58:18 PM by Thomas Dai »

cary lichtenstein

Re: 7 Mile Beach, Hobart, Tasmania
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2024, 02:02:11 PM »
Looks fantastic
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back