News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Re: GCAers Assemble! OTM Statue for St Andrews - a call to Action.
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2024, 10:21:43 AM »
Yup! Just got the email too. Yippee! And stuff you, troglodytes… ;D
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2024, 12:00:27 PM »
Martin:

You took on a project to solicit support for a golfing cause you believed was a no-brainer for this group, which diverged into "Disneyland of Golf" and other sideways thoughts.

As you do or did work in the field where public sentiment & feedback are both compiled and required, you likley knew the wiggles & waggles of what you were requesting woul occur.  I actually made my wife watch via Zoom a local planning commission meeting where I was testifying as an applicant.  She could not believe the personal verbal vitriole hurled at our team - and it were were asking or permission to construct 2 residential homes on a plot of properly zoned land for Habitat for Humaanity.

I'm thrilled to see the locals approved the application you were championing here on GCA.

BK   

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2024, 02:56:22 PM »
Thanks, Bruce. Much appreciated.
Yes, I’ve had the deep joy of having been on both sides of Planning and Development work. (If, indeed, there’s only two sides!)
Been accused of ‘Steamrollering’, ‘Environmental Vandalism’, ‘Blatant Favouritism’ and worse.
However,
Also been thanked, congratulated, hugely supported and enjoyed enormous personal and professional satisfaction.
It’s really nice to know I’ve left a few attractive scrapings on the face of this rock.
Now retired and not missing too much of it, though!
And, very happy to say I was never, ever, offered or indeed received any kind of back-hander from anyone.
Well done again to Roger and all who helped him.
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2024, 04:26:12 PM »
Roger McStravik just posted on Twitter:Fife Council gave us permission for the scupture of Tom Morris. All being well, it will be in situ on the Scores and unveiled around Dunhill. Tom is off to the foundry for bronzing. Thanks for kind words of support. Well done Ronald Sandford for driving this. Just over the moon!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back