News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Re: Vaughn Halyard, Donald Ross & Dornoch
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 02:46:27 PM »
The Man, The Myth, The Legend (I'm not talking about Donald Ross)
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

V_Halyard

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 12:27:24 AM »
The Man, The Myth, The Legend (I'm not talking about Donald Ross)

Stop it. Lol
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 05:49:43 AM »
I feel a statue coming on (and I’m also not talking about Donald Ross)
 ;D
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2024, 07:53:18 AM »
Have the club considered naming the course after Ross? Surely it would be an improvement on "The Championship Course".

Niall C

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2024, 09:57:29 AM »
They could also call it the Old Tom course or even the George Duncan course. Or what about the John Sutherland course in honour of the former club champion and secretary who surely did more for RDGC than anyone ?

Niall

Jeff Schley

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2024, 10:17:29 AM »
Wonderful article and glad Vaughn and Neil connected. There really is no capacity for more tee times at the Championship course, thus I would think any way to help tourism dollars would be with hotels, Struie utilization, yearly events, etc. With a new clubhouse coming that will help handle increased visitors.

How about a yearly event where the Donald Ross society comes to RDGC for a match and charters a plane from Fayetteville Airport to Inverness once a year? Of course members would have to pay XXX amount, but get American/British Airways to partner for it and that is the closest you can get to synergizing Pinehurst to Dornoch. The big restriction is access to the Championship Course tee times at this pace it could get as hard as TOC to get on.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back