News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: Denver Advice
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2024, 06:12:00 PM »
Thanks to all who replied, there are so many areas of our country that I’m unfamiliar with as far a golfing opportunities. Generally I know all the really known courses but after I play those I want to enjoy those that may not be well known but still fun. We have several here in Boise that are like that.

Question …..Is Ballyneal worth the time spent to travel there ? How far is it from downtown Denver?

I’m sure all will say “yes” but on Tuesday and Wednesday that week I’ll be playing in a tournament and Saturday at CG, I’d have to make it a one day trip from Denver and I don’t want to burn out lol!

If you can overnight at Ballyneal then it is definitely worth the trip.  I wouldn't drive out and back the same day, though I'm saying that at 63, I would have done it 20 years ago.

DFarron

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2024, 07:56:15 PM »
Thanks to all who replied, there are so many areas of our country that I’m unfamiliar with as far a golfing opportunities. Generally I know all the really known courses but after I play those I want to enjoy those that may not be well known but still fun. We have several here in Boise that are like that.

Question …..Is Ballyneal worth the time spent to travel there ? How far is it from downtown Denver?

I’m sure all will say “yes” but on Tuesday and Wednesday that week I’ll be playing in a tournament and Saturday at CG, I’d have to make it a one day trip from Denver and I don’t want to burn out lol!

If you can overnight at Ballyneal then it is definitely worth the trip.  I wouldn't drive out and back the same day, though I'm saying that at 63, I would have done it 20 years ago.

Lol I’m 64 so I get what you are saying. Can’t overnight it I’m going to Denver with my wife who will be at a conference during the day so I need to be back at night.

Daryl David

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2024, 08:14:34 PM »

Lol I’m 64 so I get what you are saying. Can’t overnight it I’m going to Denver with my wife who will be at a conference during the day so I need to be back at night.

Just do it. Will talk about it for years and never remember the 6 hours in the car. Plus, 64 is young! 

Keith Phillips

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2024, 09:04:47 PM »
Hear, hear for the '64 is young' comment!  Another 'in town' suggestion is Bear Creek. It's a Palmer and is penal but with some fun holes.  A men-only private club but when I was a member 15 years ago they allowed some unaccompanied play if you reach out.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back