News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Is Dream Golf Resorts the Alterra of Golf?
« on: February 11, 2024, 12:36:04 PM »
Is this the model for an exclusive golf experience?  Will there be an Ikon Pass?  Does Dream Golf Resorts add to their portfolio by purchasing other resorts?
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Ben Sims

Re: Is Dream Golf Resorts the Alterra of Golf?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 12:52:17 PM »
Craig,

Alterra and VMR offer passes to 1) get people on the mountain and spend money else where and 2) no one would come if every single day you skied was $250. Dream Golf doesn’t have either if of those issues really.

I just don’t see. You’ve mentioned it several times and I don’t see many comparisons between the two entities.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 12:55:18 PM »
I don't see how either the Ikon Pass or the Epic Pass relates. I pay my $700 for the Epic Local Pass and ski 30 days at Vail Resorts. I don't see how Dream Golf could do anything comparable.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 07:12:19 PM »
Cabot seems way more interested in buying and renovating courses than the Keisers do.

But the big difference is that in skiing it’s somewhat possible to build a local monopoly.  That’s not going to happen in golf.

SB

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 09:21:04 AM »
Cabot seems way more interested in buying and renovating courses than the Keisers do.

But the big difference is that in skiing it’s somewhat possible to build a local monopoly.  That’s not going to happen in golf.

Actually I've seen it done, believe it or not.  Canongate Golf had a membership in Atlanta that gave you full access to 15 private clubs, and it was VERY successful.  Heritage Golf did it with 4 clubs on the north side of Atlanta although that was structured a bit differently.  Both groups were bought by ClubCorp and modified to fit their multi club group, which is also a bit different, but nothing like IKON. 

Keith Williams

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 09:40:38 AM »

Actually I've seen it done, believe it or not.  Canongate Golf had a membership in Atlanta that gave you full access to 15 private clubs, and it was VERY successful.  Heritage Golf did it with 4 clubs on the north side of Atlanta although that was structured a bit differently.  Both groups were bought by ClubCorp and modified to fit their multi club group, which is also a bit different, but nothing like IKON.

I grew up in the Canongate system.  All the Joe Lee and Rocky Roquemore golf one could wish for!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back