News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Playing Rustic Canyon this morning...
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:34:02 AM »
The big bombsquadgolf.com outing to Rustic Canyon is today, but it turns out it's going to be myself, my son, six of my friends, and just a couple guys from BSG.com.

It's supposed to be windy and cold (for SoCal) today, so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Will report in with a review tonight or tomorrow.

Craig_Rokke

Re:Playing Rustic Canyon this morning...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »
David-

Looking forward to your report. I'm out there in about a week and a half to play it for the 2nd time.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
I'm playing there on Monday in case anyone is looking for a game.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »
Is Rustic offering a special right now, or is the SoCal weather bringing everybody out? Shivas is out at Rustic some time this weekend with Moriarty and Kelly. I'll be down next Sunday to play my "home course" (just a quick 350 mile drive).
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
Visiting our daughter, and sneaking in some golf
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Craig_Rokke

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »
Visiting a friend, and sneaking in some golf.

TEPaul

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 06:32:43 AM »
Sorry for the interruption David Ober---I'm looking forward to your report on Rustic Canyon. To me the golf course is most certainly a unique one even if I've never actually seen it built. The brief time I spent there when things were coalescing in concept was a most interesting day or two to remember. That's the phase of golf course architecture I really love.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:34:35 AM by TEPaul »

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »
TEP and David,

I love you both, fer Christ's sake, give it a rest or shake hands and come out fighting.

You both have plenty to offer without this.

Bob

TEPaul

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »
Bob:

I took my posts to Moriarty off and I'm taking them off the other thread too. The best policy is probably for me to stay away from him on here and for him to stay out of my way on here. Shake hands with Moriarty? No possible way. Never gonna happen. I've always been able to overlook a lot of things with disputes with some people but that's never going to happen with that guy.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »
Tom,

I am sorry. You give a great deal to this forum and I would hate to see that happen.

Bob

TEPaul

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 06:33:48 PM »
"Tom,
I am sorry. You give a great deal to this forum and I would hate to see that happen.
Bob"

Bob:

As you know I have a lot of respect for you and your opinion on here and otherwise. You would hate to see what happen?

Ally Mcintosh

Re: Playing Rustic Canyon this morning...
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2022, 05:47:14 AM »
Without having checked available tee-times (yet), does anyone fancy joining me for an early morning round at Rustic Canyon next Friday 28th October?

I am in the area on non-golf work from Ireland… and have one day spare before jumping on a flight that night. May as well use it wisely!

Ally

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 07:11:30 AM »
Without having checked available tee-times (yet), does anyone fancy joining me for an early morning round at Rustic Canyon next Friday 28th October?

I am in the area on non-golf work from Ireland… and have one day spare before jumping on a flight that night. May as well use it wisely!

Ally

Heard recently of poor conditions.  Let us know...

Tal Oz

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2022, 02:42:31 PM »
Ally, I wish I could join you on Friday, but work will be getting in the way. Enjoy Rustic, I played it yesterday and the little bit of rain we've gotten + cooler weather has really put the course in wonderful shape. Rustic was really struggling with conditions late this summer so it's nice to see it back on track.
If you happen to still be here on Saturday, I could try and line up a game.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 04:18:58 PM »
Similar post to my one from a couple of years ago (when I didn’t play).

Over in the area next month and thinking of booking Rustic Canyon on evening of Friday 8th or morning of Saturday 9th March.

Anyone up for a game?

Ally

Jason Topp

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 04:55:01 PM »
Almost any other weekend and I would meet you Ally.  I have been spending winters in Palm Springs the last few years.  Alas, I am in Florida that weekend.

If you return shoot me a note.

Jason

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back