News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Lost Rail Golf Club , Gretna, NE
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2024, 12:22:37 PM »
Tim,

I'd tend to agree here, the setup at Friars Head certainly looks pretty sweet.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2024, 02:26:48 PM »
Tim,

That little gazebo on the left is a great spot, right on the water. I had dinner there and didn't want to leave.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Buck Wolter

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2024, 05:23:07 PM »
Tim,

That little gazebo on the left is a great spot, right on the water. I had dinner there and didn't want to leave.

That looks imposing rather than inviting to me -- maybe that's by design

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

David_Tepper

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2024, 05:35:00 PM »
"That looks imposing rather than inviting to me -- maybe that's by design"

Yes, it bit like a mausoleum. :)

David Harshbarger

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2024, 06:49:30 PM »
Landscapes Unlimited -- Lost Rail Golf Club (Gretna, Neb.) Clubhouse Image No. 3.jpeg

From afar, the 10,517 square-foot clubhouse resembles a 1920s home with chimneys, gables and dormers adorned in lime-washed brick.  Featuring 20-mile panoramas, it sits high on a bluff overlooking the Elkhorn and Platte rivers, gleaming during the day and striking in presence at night.

[/size][/color]
[/size]The first two words in that quote- “From afar,” is the key to this clubhouse. Its design is a bit of optical illusion as from afar, it resembles a 1920’s house. This is very cool and very much unlike the silhouette of a 1920’s clubhouse, which from afar would still look like a 1920’s clubhouse. [/color]

[/size]What from afar looks like a house with 2 gables and a wrap around porch up, close looks like a clubhouse with two airy glass bays framing the entrance, and a large wrap around terrace.[/color]

[/size]I imagine given the location has some prominence that it leaves many people as they drive past scratching their heads over what’s not quite right about the house on the bluff.[/color]

The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back