News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Cabo San Lucas
« on: January 31, 2024, 12:52:57 PM »
Hello All!

I was fortunate enough to make "President's Club" at my company this year and for my efforts, the wife and I will be going on a lovely trip to Cabo (staying at the Nobu Hotel) from February 29 to March 3. Weather seems to be wonderful that time of year.

I will, of course, want to golf. Diamante, Chileno, and Querencia (the three I would most like to play) I checked on, and they are all private. Cabo del Sol has a relatively highly-rated Nicklaus course, but I'm allergic to them as I'm a member at Bear Creek in Murrieta, California and I get enough of his masochism in my weekly game.

Any thoughts from the group???

Steve_Roths

Re: Cabo San Lucas
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 12:59:15 PM »
Doesn't Nobu sit in or on the Diamante resort footprint?  I would ping the concierge at Nobu to ask about setting up a tee time for you.

If memory serves me they rerouted the DLIII course to put the Nobu hotel in.

I personally loved Cabo Del Sol before they rerouted it.

The rest of the course require a hotel stay like Twin Dolphis, the RTJ II course and the second Discovery Land Co. dev down there.  Apologies as their names escape me.

David Ober

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 01:39:33 PM »
Doesn't Nobu sit in or on the Diamante resort footprint?  I would ping the concierge at Nobu to ask about setting up a tee time for you.

If memory serves me they rerouted the DLIII course to put the Nobu hotel in.

I personally loved Cabo Del Sol before they rerouted it.

The rest of the course require a hotel stay like Twin Dolphis, the RTJ II course and the second Discovery Land Co. dev down there.  Apologies as their names escape me.

Not sure where it sits, but there's nothing about golf on their website. I reached out but have yet to hear back ....

Steve_Roths

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 03:58:52 PM »
https://loscabos.nobuhotels.com/amenities/

Hmm,  not Diamante...but two courses.

Matt Schoolfield

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 03:59:48 PM »
GolfCourse.Wiki
Wigs on the Green
GCA Extension v2.0.1: Firefox/Chrome

AChao

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 02:11:07 AM »
Diamante (original) is quite good and maybe worth a timeshare presentation if it guarantees a tee time.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 03:26:23 AM »
Twin Dolphins is excellent. Todd Eckenrode (occasionally of this parish) did a really good job there.

If there’s a way on, it is richly worth it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 10:43:41 AM by Adam Lawrence »
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

David Ober

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 10:22:46 AM »
Twin Dolphins is excellent. Todd Eckenrode (occasionally of this parish) did a really good job there.

If there’s a way on, it is richly worth it.

I sure love what he did at Lakeside.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2024, 12:43:43 PM »
Chileno Bay was the other course I was trying to remember.  If you stay a night at Auberge Resort then you can book a tee time.

https://aubergeresorts.com/chilenobay/local-activities/golf/

Have a great time regardless. 

John Handley

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2024, 06:00:03 PM »
I've played the DLIII course at Diamanté and it's quite good.  Worth looking into the Tiger course too since you are right there.

You're right though, most of the best courses are all private and challenging to get on as you can imagine, every guy that goes down there wants to play.  Well not everyone, but you get the point.

Cabo Del Sol Ocean is very good, no matter what you think of Nicklaus courses.  It's now the Cove Club and private. Cabo Del Sol is a Weiskopf course and open to the public.  Last time I played Palmilla it was not in good shape.

Twin Dolphin is very good but you'd need to stay a night at the Montage, which is fabulous, but expensive. 

2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back