News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DFarron

Terravita vs Broadmoor East
« on: January 30, 2024, 11:17:19 AM »
Looking at Senior Open qualifying sites, don’t really know much about either course. Among questions that I have …..

1) Which is easiest to walk?
2) Which would play shortest?

I hit it straight but not too long and putt well, looking for any edge I can get !

As always thanks for your comments !

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Terravita vs Broadmoor East
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 11:45:31 AM »
I have played The Broadmoor many times. Even at elevation, I find that it plays long. It does not play fast and firm very often, and many greens are elevated. I always felt that length was at least as important as straight, although the rough is thick. It is a difficult walk. But I usually came from the east coast, so the election and terrain combined to make it hard to walk. I always took a cart.

Terravita usually was firmer and the walk easier.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 01:27:23 PM »
Terravita CC in Scottsdale:
A Billy Casper design from 1994. " Terravita enjoys larger fairways and greens than most desert courses which really increases the playability and long term enjoyment of the track.  While there may not be any individual holes that stand out as exceptional, there isn't a weak hole on the property and is just the kind of design a membership can enjoy round after round."

Signature Hole:  10th Hole – 442 Yard Par 4 – The largest water hazard on the property is found on Terravita's signature hole where the fairway takes a late turn around the water and leaves the green fronted by the pond.  Off the tee players must decide whether to lay up in front of the desert wash that crosses the fairway or whether they want to try and carry it which also brings the water into play.  With three bunkers protecting the near side of the green and a single bunker on the back side to compliment the water feature, this is the most scenic and demanding hole at Terravita.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 02:11:11 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 01:45:56 PM »
I thought this thread referred to the Terravita that’s on the coast of Brazil, and looked to see why the comparison was being made!

mike_beene

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 08:41:28 PM »
I think the Broadmoor greens are as tough a read as I have played. It takes a few plays to believe in your read.

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 09:31:30 PM »
I think the Broadmoor greens are as tough a read as I have played. It takes a few plays to believe in your read.

I was going to say the same thing.  Way more break than you'd think.  Also if you do play in Colorado make sure you get here about 5 days early (if not more to acclimate).  If you come out a day before it will be a real tough walk if coming from sea level.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back