News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

goldj

Seven Mile Beach
« on: December 19, 2023, 09:54:07 PM »
Anyone have any idea when this is going to open?  I understand that it’s going to be in ‘24 at some point but wondering if it’s going to be early on or later in the year.  I’m planning a trip down under for next March or April and wondering if I should leave some time for a visit.  i haven’t been able to find much online. 

Happy holidays to you all.

Jim

Kevin Pallier

Re: Seven Mile Beach
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 11:09:00 PM »
Jim

The last I heard in early Dec is that 3 holes are yet to be seeded.

Originally, I read before that they were planning mid-2024.

goldj

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 10:14:08 AM »
Yes, i had heard that but no news subsequent nor any indication of a possible opening date.  My guess is that it’s going to be mid year at the earliest but that’s only a guess. 

Thanks. 

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 06:41:42 PM »
Jim

From what I've heard they've had a few obstacles regarding water and strong winds affecting grow-in.

I believe they're hoping for a "soft" opening of around 9 holes mid-year and I heard on a podcast of the course in full in very late 2024.

Here's a link to the website with a few enticing photos therein

https://7milegolf.com.au/

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 04:06:08 AM »
It'll be November 2024 - with probably 1,2 and 13-18 earlier. Maybe April - for people who know people!

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 09:54:10 AM »
It'll be November 2024 - with probably 1,2 and 13-18 earlier. Maybe April - for people who know people!
Mike,

I think I asked you this question once before, but just for an update:

Do you think proximity to the airport will make Seven Mile Beach more attractive to visitors from Melbourne than, say, Barnbougle? Will people make weekend trips more frequently?
Tim Weiman

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 04:24:07 PM »
Mike,

I think I asked you this question once before, but just for an update:

Do you think proximity to the airport will make Seven Mile Beach more attractive to visitors from Melbourne than, say, Barnbougle? Will people make weekend trips more frequently?

Barnbougle will continue to kill it - people love it and the three courses is a huge plus.
Seven Mile will also do very well. I think many will fly early from Melbourne or Sydney, play 36 holes and fly home the same day. The airport being so close (10 minutes) makes it very easy. Or stay the night in Hobart and play again the next day.

7MB is a more attractive trip for those with partners who don't play because there is a lot more going on in Hobart than there is in Bridport.

Hopefully the combination of the two bring more people to Tasmania - a state almost no one travelled to to play golf before Barnbougle.
The ideal trip is to fly to Launceston, play Barnbougle, drive to Hobart (3.5 hrs) play 7MB and fly out of Hobart.
Take a detour and throw in Cape Wickham too.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back