News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Re: The Average Golfer visits Goswick
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2023, 12:37:51 PM »
The clubhouse could use an upgrade.
I think it's almost perfect.  What more does a golf club need?  It reminds me of Port Fairy.  Just enough, no more.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Moore

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2023, 01:56:21 PM »
What more does a golf club need?

Just maybe make things a little nicer and newer. Without changing the footprint, a while back Riverside Municipal in Portland Maine invested in a big new polished concrete bar, new chairs, tables and stools, a new deck, a more robust restaurant, a downstairs conference room, a nicer pro shop, a wee shower in the men's room, etc. Watching the sun go down with some tacos and microbrews on a clean deck with a professional waitress is a nice way to end the match.

It looks like Royal Dornoch and Dunbar are going engage in significant work to replace each clubhouse. How do you feel about those projects? I have to think that the Dunbar experience will be improved with a new clubhouse.

PS - I have a bug up my ass because my club does not have a clubhouse.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Mark Pearce

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 02:35:21 PM »
What more does a golf club need?

Just maybe make things a little nicer and newer. Without changing the footprint, a while back Riverside Municipal in Portland Maine invested in a big new polished concrete bar, new chairs, tables and stools, a new deck, a more robust restaurant, a downstairs conference room, a nicer pro shop, a wee shower in the men's room, etc. Watching the sun go down with some tacos and microbrews on a clean deck with a professional waitress is a nice way to end the match.

It looks like Royal Dornoch and Dunbar are going engage in significant work to replace each clubhouse. How do you feel about those projects? I have to think that the Dunbar experience will be improved with a new clubhouse.

PS - I have a bug up my ass because my club does not have a clubhouse.
The bar at Goswick's fine (the beer could be better), the food is pretty good and the showers are decent!  An outside seating area would be cool but possibly not used as often as some.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2023, 02:49:23 PM »
The house could be nicer, but it’s fine. The beer and food is a bit wanting. I am surprised there isn’t outdoor seating on the grassy area in front of the house. Nothing about the current facilities encourage me to linger.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back