News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

astavrides

Shadow Creek closed
« on: October 20, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »
https://golfoklahoma.org/the-woods-in-coweta-shadow-creek-in-sallisaw-are-latest-course-closings/

Ha! Gotcha.

I actually played it when it was still open, years before I played its slightly more famous and kempt namesake in NV. Probably I'll never play either one again now--for different reasons.
It's a likely enough golf course name that one would think there must be other Shadow Creek golf courses in existence. Maybe someone at some point made a list of less famous namesake courses.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 05:25:58 PM by astavrides »

Charlie Goerges

Re: Shadow Creek closed
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »

https://golfoklahoma.org/the-woods-in-coweta-shadow-creek-in-sallisaw-are-latest-course-closings/

Ha! Gotcha.

I actually played it when it was still open, years before I played its slightly more famous and kempt namesake in NV. Probably I'll never play either one again now--for different reasons.
It's a likely enough golf course name that one would think there must be other Shadow Creek golf courses in existence. Maybe someone at some point made a list of less famous namesake courses.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 06:45:00 PM »
Clever. I just figured the famous Shadow Creek was closed for a renovation so it can move ever closer to being the first billion dollar golf course.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

astavrides

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 08:13:17 AM »
btw, I just read Shadow Creek in Vegas charges $1250 now. Not including caddy fee, and limo and caddy tips.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 08:59:47 AM »
Clever. I just figured the famous Shadow Creek was closed for a renovation so it can move ever closer to being the first billion dollar golf course.
Billion?  Is it close to that?  I didn't think it was even over $100 million was it?  Or I missed the sarcasm.  ;)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:09:32 AM »
Shadow Creek was built on comped rounds. No one cares what the suckers pay.

astavrides

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 09:31:42 AM »
Shadow Creek was built on comped rounds. No one cares what the suckers pay.

I do if I'm one of the suckers. Fortunately, I got my one round in when it was only 5 bills, which was only 6 years ago.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 09:41:13 AM »
Sometimes when you reach for a sucker you pull back an anomaly. My apologies.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 10:59:29 AM »
btw, I just read Shadow Creek in Vegas charges $1250 now. Not including caddy fee, and limo and caddy tips.

Quite happy I never got the urge to play it. Rather play Pebble twice.
Tim Weiman

Tom_Doak

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 12:52:23 PM »

I don't think you can play Pebble Beach twice for $1250 at their current rates, but I'm not positive as I haven't been looking to book there.

astavrides

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 01:35:23 PM »

I don't think you can play Pebble Beach twice for $1250 at their current rates, but I'm not positive as I haven't been looking to book there.

I think I checked a few months ago and the green fee was exactly $625. Of course, that doesn't account for the mandatory hotel stay, unless you are a single and call the night before and get lucky.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back