News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

In the Foreground
« on: September 20, 2023, 07:28:30 AM »
Back, twenty years ago, when I had actual pretensions of becoming a golf architect, I started setting up a company for the work.
I came up with what is, quite simply, the bestestest ever name for a gca business. Registered an internet domain and everything!
I got a weird call this morning from someone trying to sell me the domain again as it’s long lapsed.
Here’s the thing. As it’s clearly the bestestest EVER name for a GCA company, maybe one of our current breed of young whippersnappers might like to pick it up.
The name is: Foregroundgolf. All one word. Genius, isn’t it, even though I say so myself. ‘Fore’, ‘Ground’, ‘Foreground’, ‘For Ground’, marvellous.
Turns out, currently Foregroundgolf.com and foreground.golf are both available and not at all expensive. Go, register either or both and have some fun on me!
I was thinking of getting it going again as a blog or something, but, quite frankly, I’m too busy being retired.
Love,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bruce Katona

Re: In the Foreground
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 05:51:05 PM »
FBD:

How come you never pulled the trigger on the golf architecture/design business?

I'm just curious. 

My best work experience in my career was PM on  redesign/softening of a NLE/operating course.  We blew things up with dynamite, moved all kinds of earth, sprinkler systems, built tees & greens and even sodded one green so it would be ready for the following Spring.  Building buildings is fun, this was even better!

Marty Bonnar

Re: In the Foreground
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 01:34:22 PM »
Bruce,
I spent a year doing the MSc and then maybe two years trying to make a living at it, but couldn’t earn enough to keep going. Even had a couple of clients, ehm, ‘failing’ to pay my Invoices!
So, back to the old drawing board (well, AutoCAD really!) and into general landscape design and construction, then team management in both landscape design and parks and countryside management.
Great career, really. Very fulfilling.
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back