News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Prime Time Golf League
« on: August 22, 2023, 02:54:42 PM »
 TGL announces third team owner: Arthur M. Blank Blank’s AMB Sports and Entertainment has secured rights for a TGL team representing Atlanta, expanding his sports team portfolio that includes the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United - TGL’s team ownership group’s portfolio of sports teams spans  NFL, MLB, NHL, Premiere League, NASCAR, MLS, & NWSL TGL is an innovative, new primetime golf league that fuses technology and live action with teams of  PGA TOUR stars across a season of matches starting in January 2024. TGL will be staged in a  purpose-built arena in Palm Beach, Fla. on the campus of Palm Beach State College. Technology is a  foundational element of TGL, offering fans a cutting-edge, shorter format presentation of team golf,  featuring some of the PGA TOUR’s biggest superstars. Currently, 12 players committed to playing in  TGL have been announced, including Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Collin  Morikawa, Matt Fitzpatrick, Justin Rose, Adam Scott, Xander Schauffele, Max Homa, Rickie Fowler,  and Billy Horschel. With currently 5 of the top 10 players in the world, this initial list of committed  players has won 28 major championships, 190 PGA TOUR wins, and collectively has ranked as the  World No. 1 for 886 weeks.

• Teams: Six teams of three PGA TOUR players in head-to-head, match play. Three team  ownership groups have been finalized with TGL Atlanta, led by Arthur Blank’s AMB Sports and Entertainment; TGL Boston, led by the Fenway Sports Group; and Los Angeles Golf Club, led  by Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams.
• Tech-Forward Venue: A first-of-its-kind experience for golf enabled by a data-rich, virtual  course paired with a tech-infused, short-game complex.
• Tech-Enabled Fan Experience: High-energy, greenside fan experience with every shot live  within a two-hour, primetime televised match.
• Season: 15 regular season matches followed by semifinals and finals matches.

About TMRW Sports Group: (pronounced “tomorrow sports”)
Founded by Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, and sports executive Mike McCarley, TMRW Sports is  focused on harnessing technology to build progressive approaches in sports, media, and  entertainment to create new pathways for the next generation to enjoy sports. TMRW Sports’ first  project, TGL, is an innovative league launched in partnership with the PGA TOUR. TMRW Sports is  supported by an all-star roster of athletes, celebrities, and business leaders from the worlds of sports,  media, technology, and finance who make up a powerful and diverse investor group. TMRW Sports  joins Woods’ TGR Ventures and McIlroy’s Symphony Ventures, and is led by McCarley, founder and  CEO. For more, visit TMRWSportsGroup.com.

But wait, there's more:

https://www.firstcallgolf.com/industry-news/release/2023-08-21/tgl-announces-third-team-owner-arthur-m-blank

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Matt Schoolfield

Re: Prime Time Golf League
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 05:18:42 PM »
I think bringing back match play is good for golf. I’m not sure if people want it, but if you want more characters and drama instead of trying to measure perfection, I think it’s the way to go.

The bonus is more bye holes 😁

(edit: huh, I had no idea normal emojis were usable here)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 05:20:52 PM by Matt Schoolfield »
GolfCourse.Wiki
Wigs on the Green
GCA Extension v2.0.1: Firefox/Chrome

Tim Leahy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 09:43:22 PM »
Anybody know what courses or famous holes they will play virtually?
What would you like to see them play virtually?
How about a composite course of the first six from Spyglass, the next six from Pebble and the last six from Cypress?
18 greatest holes?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Niall C

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 11:18:29 AM »
Will Serena and Venus be playing from the same tee as Rory and Tiger ? Just asking.

Niall

John Chilver-Stainer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 12:49:01 PM »
Will Rory, Justin and Matt have an advantage on the GB&I links courses?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back