News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Tim Gallant

New WAC courses near Hobe Sound FL
« on: July 03, 2023, 02:11:50 PM »
Golf development is booming! I didn't see this posted yet, and thought others would be interested:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-ranch-florida-hobe-sound-kenny-baskt

From the founder of Friars Head, Whitman, Axland, and Cutten will build 36 starting later this year. Sounds like the courses will have slightly different feels, but it would be great to hear from one of WAC on the philosophy for each course. It sounds like they'll take inspiration from some of the FH holes that were moulded to blend with the more dramatic holes on the site as a start.

I loved the reference to Talking Stick, and it feels like a dead flat site gives the freedom to be a bit more courageous with the creativity! Looking forward to following the progress and congrats to the three designers :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 04:44:27 PM by Tim Gallant »

Mike Worth

Re: New WAC courses near Hobe Sound FL
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 08:52:37 AM »
I think with the addition of these 2 courses, there will be at least the 6th new, very high emd courses in Hobe Sound within the last 3 years
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 10:22:50 AM by Mike Worth »

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 10:11:29 AM »
I think with the addition of these 2 courses, there will be 8 new, very high emd courses in Hobe Sound within the last 3 years

What are the others?  Curious.  I am sure I have heard about some of them, but I didnt realize it was that many!
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Mike Worth

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 10:21:21 AM »
3 of then are the new Apogee club. And I must’ve been confused because counting these two new courses I can “only” come up with six total.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 10:25:21 AM by Mike Worth »

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 02:02:05 PM »
If we count recent openings, here is a list of new golf courses in various stages of development in Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie counties

Apogee #1 (Hanse)
Apogee #2 (Fazio/Davis)
Apogee #3 (Phillips)
Astor Creek (Wilczynski)
Atlantic Fields (Fazio)
*McArthur - West (C&C)
Panther National (Nicklaus)
Sandhill Crane - The Nest (Nicklaus)
*The Park West Palm (Hanse)
The Ranch 1 (WAC)
The Ranch 2 (WAC)
Wylder (Furyk)

I'm aware of at least one more, which would make at least 13 brand-new/in-construction/planned golf courses in those three counties at the moment.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 09:22:59 PM »
I live in Jupiter, so I'm aware of 3 in Hobe Sound to be developed by Discovery Land Corp, 2 by Kenny Bakst. The are all off Bridge Road close to I95 close to Michael Jordans private Club. I heard all of these will have a housing component to them.

McArthur is also building a 2nd course in Hobe Sound.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 07:49:40 PM by cary lichtenstein »
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 07:07:51 AM »
I live in Jupiter, so I'm aware of the 6. All of them are REMOTE and all of them are attached to housing developments. However, they are quite a distance from shopping, etc. I'm sure they will all do well as we have a booming population. I wonder if the original developers will do well, considering their remoteness.

??? ??? ???

Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Kyle Harris

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 07:10:55 AM »
I live in Jupiter, so I'm aware of the 6. All of them are REMOTE and all of them are attached to housing developments. However, they are quite a distance from shopping, etc. I'm sure they will all do well as we have a booming population. I wonder if the original developers will do well, considering their remoteness.

??? ??? ???

Same, fam.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Keith Phillips

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 08:49:02 AM »
Of the three new clubs in Hobe Sound, I think only Atlantic Fields will have housing?  I thought there were no plans for housing at the Apogee or Ranch locations...cottages but not houses?

Mike Worth

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 11:28:27 AM »
Of the three new clubs in Hobe Sound, I think only Atlantic Fields will have housing?  I thought there were no plans for housing at the Apogee or Ranch locations...cottages but not houses?

I thought the same as you. I don’t know the specifics for each course, but I thought in general these were not housing developments. 

I would think the membership would be those who already own homes in Jupiter, Palm Beach, or even Vero.

Andrew Harvie

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
That's my photo in the article :)

I'm pretty excited about this one. Rod is one of the best in the business, and alongside Keith and Dave, he is finally getting his due with some big projects. Jupiter, Florida, Bandon, Oregon, and Cabot are big-name locales or developers!

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2023, 12:52:50 PM »
From the founder of Friars Head, Whitten, Axland, and Cutten...
That would be Whitman, as in Rod Whitman.  Not Whitten as in Ron Whitten.

Tim Gallant

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »
From the founder of Friars Head, Whitten, Axland, and Cutten...
That would be Whitman, as in Rod Whitman.  Not Whitten as in Ron Whitten.

Good spot! I'll correct the Typo :)

Jeff Schley

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2023, 05:30:13 PM »
I wonder what the PSI of the showers will be?  After having just been exfoliated at FH a couple weeks ago, I hope they bring the same plumbing down to Florida.  Ken Bakst does things first class all the way and I'm sure he will build something special down south.  Can't wait.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back