News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Rocket Mortgage (Spoiler alert)
« on: July 02, 2023, 02:55:54 PM »
Good on ya, Rickie.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Pete_Pittock

Re: Rocket Mortgage (Spoiler alert)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 01:46:32 AM »
It is always good to win your sponsor's event.

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 07:31:26 AM »
Met Rickie once at Pine Valley . Super nice guy and so excited he won !

Rob Marshall

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 08:37:52 AM »
I know a guy who works for the tour, directly with the players. He says Ricki is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 10:01:36 AM »
It was always classy for him to congratulate friends that won, even when he was playing poorly.

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 10:54:57 AM »
I'm a big Richie Fowler fan, so happy to see that he's got his game back and won. Congrats also to Butch Harmon, who put him back on the right track.

Tiger was his best under Butch Harmon, no telling how great he would have been if he stuck with him.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Rob Marshall

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 10:59:25 AM »
I'm a big Richie Fowler fan, so happy to see that he's got his game back and won. Congrats also to Butch Harmon, who put him back on the right track.

Tiger was his best under Butch Harmon, no telling how great he would have been if he stuck with him.

Don’t leave Craig Harmon out of the picture. He’s Butch’s eyes in Florida when Ricki is home and from what I’ve heard he spends a lot of time with Ricki. Craig is a great teacher in his own right.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

David Cronan

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 11:04:30 AM »
I know a guy who works for the tour, directly with the players. He says Ricki is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.

Several years ago, when the Palm Springs PGA stop was the Humana Challenge, the caddies had a 9 hole tournament for charity on the night (Wednesday) before the tournament began. Without any hoopla, Fowler showed up to carry the bag for his caddie. He was the only pro that did so.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2023, 11:56:25 AM »
Rickey was nice to me at one of the finest locations on Earth. Perhaps he just knows where to hang.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2023, 07:25:23 PM »

When I was spending a bit of time around the Tour in the lead-up to working on Memorial Park, I was a bit surprised to hear pretty much everyone agree that Rickie Fowler was such a nice person and how much they hoped he would get through his slump.  That included Butch Harmon, but it was pretty much unanimous . . . no one had a bad word to say about him.  One person opined that he was adjusting to the fact that he was happier than he had ever been in his life.

Pat Burke

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2023, 08:38:36 PM »
I just wish I were still playing.
I would have had a life size cardboard likeness if rickie waiting to congratulate himself when he finished!

Ring in Southern CA, I Haven’t heard any bad things about him, which is actually amazing

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back