News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Courses with an 8-10 or 7-11 hole split in their 'nines'
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2023, 07:30:10 AM »
Columbus (Ohio) Country Club returns for 8, with 9 a par-three that heads away.

https://www.columbuscc.com/club/scripts/custom/custom.asp?NS=GOLF&PAGECFG=COURSETOURV2&CID=808

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2023, 07:37:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for their comments much appreciated. Neil

Ken Fry

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2023, 07:47:57 PM »
Warren Course at Notre Dame.  Returns to the clubhouse after 6, after 9 after 15 and after 18.

Matt Schoolfield

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2023, 08:22:13 PM »
In the Bay Area:

Sharp Park
returns on #10.

Lincoln Park
"returns" on #8 and #13, but neither return is adjacent to the clubhouse, but close enough to jog over on a slow day.

Lake Chabot is a really interesting one, it has a halfway house, that's not actually very far away from the clubhouse, that you pass after #2 and #11

In Edinburgh:

Silverknowes returns on #8
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 12:25:52 AM by Matt Schoolfield »
GCA Browser Addon v2.0.1: Firefox/Chrome

My stuff:

Tom_Doak

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2023, 10:06:39 PM »
When I did the original course at Stonewall, where we inherited a Tom Fazio routing, I tossed out one of his par-3's on the front nine and added it to the back, so it wound up returning to the clubhouse at the 8th, with a par-3 9th.  Members starting at 10 would often play the 9th and then decide if they wanted to play it when they finished. ;-)

Amazingly, when I worked on the North course nine years later, the parcels were such that my favorite routing wound up with 8 holes on the front and a par-3 9th by the barn/clubhouse.  They liked it so much the first time around that they were fine with doing it again, and the 9th is one of my favorite holes there.

I would be happy to do it again in a heartbeat, although most clients would struggle with it.  Julian Robertson almost gave up on me when my first routing for Cape Kidnappers came past the clubhouse at the 11th . . . he said if Shinnecock could get nine and nine, I should be able to, also.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »
In a famous RUSH song, the lyric "...we shall call you Cygnus, the god of balance, you shall be" echoes in my head when I think of this thread. We are such outliers, here in the treehouse. We are open to alternate routings, two-green par four holes, and unbalanced courses. I'm glad that we don't always subscribe to balance.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back