News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

blasbe1

Seawane Renovation Article On Line
« on: December 11, 2003, 05:39:49 PM »
To read an interesting article on the renovation of a links course on Long Island go to www.mgagolf.org, click on the metgolfer online magazine and read the article "A Links Once More."  Unfortunately, the online version leaves out some  photos but the article is all there.  

grandwazo

Re:Seawane Renovation Article On Line
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 05:54:19 PM »
Blasbe, picked up MGA golfer before walking into our green committee meeting last night and was blown away by the pictures of the course.  Looks like you are well on your way to reclaiming what must have been a special golf course at one time.  Congratulations on what must have been a lot of hard work and patience, it looks like it was well worth it.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 06:03:19 PM »
Blasbe1,

I agree with grandwazo.

I had played the course on a few occassions prior to the work.  I had always felt that the indiscriminate tree plantings had hurt the design.  Based on the photos and the article it would seem as if a tremendous improvement has been made.

I'm anxious to play the golf course next year.

DPL11

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 06:09:28 PM »
blasbe,

Things look wonderful. I think I will take you up on the invitation you threw at me the day we played HC.  ;D
I'll be hopefully making a LI golf trip this spring.

Doug

Robert Emmons

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 12:25:49 PM »
blasbe,

Congratulations on bringing another Emmet course back...The uniqueness of the design and the fun a Emmet design can offer is evident..Your welcme to visit ours any time...Huntington Country Club...RHE  

GeoffreyC

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 12:29:18 PM »
It is an excellent article and it has put Sewane on a short list of places I'd like to visit next year.

For those outside the MET section, the publication is still well worth investing to have sent to your home.

blasbe1

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 12:50:52 PM »
"For those outside the MET section, the publication is still well worth investing to have sent to your home."

I completely agree . . . last issue had a great article on FH.    

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back