News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Brauer

Re: forward sets of tees
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2023, 10:33:07 AM »
Ira,

I can't answer your question factually.  I was surprised at the PGA show to learn that according to NGF, last year was the first time the statement "Golf is cool" had a higher positive response from those under 35 than those over 55.  That might not translate to reduced senior participation, and I tend to agree with you that seniors continue to play longer in many cases.  And, many clubs have adopted a philosophy of maximizing their enjoyment of the facility as long as possible, with additional tees being a main tool.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tommy Williamsen

Re: forward sets of tees
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2023, 11:22:03 AM »
I would be curious if there is any reliable data on the degree to which there is a higher percentage of golfers who playing well into their 70s or beyond than there were even a generation ago. I suspect of course yes. The widening age range definitely would increase the challenge for architects and superintendents to keep courses relevant for all. And I do not mean for the elite, younger player. Younger golfers just simply have more distance given equipment, nutrition, and exercise.

The resort where I live has 1000 homes. About 200 of us are full-time. Of those 200, about 150 are retired. A few years ago, the resort added "senior tees." For the most part, they are only a few yards behind the most forward (lady's) tees. They get a lot of use, and the pace of play is much better. There just was little thought about their placement, however. They just were shorter.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back