News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Morandi

Tiger advocates for a “P” ball
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:57:35 PM »
In his press conference today, Tiger argued that anyone with a “P” next to their name should play a professional ball. Amateurs can play a different “A” ball that presumably  goes farther relative to their  swing speeds. Tiger favors a rollback that he said should have happened years ago when Jack supported it because we are running out of land and the guys are just going to get more athletic. He suggested the rollback could come from higher spin rates.

archie_struthers

Re: Tiger advocates for a “P” ball
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »
 8)

Nice hope it works

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 10:17:22 AM »
The only thing I disagree with is that elite amateur events should use the P ball, which will have the effect of bringing it into play for more players slowly over time.

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:48:43 AM »
The only thing I disagree with is that elite amateur events should use the P ball, which will have the effect of bringing it into play for more players slowly over time.

+1-Professional/Amateur is a sensible demarcation with no gray area that I can discern. When you choose to move up to the big seat providing you qualify for same you switch to the “P” ball and do your due diligence to adjust accordingly.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 11:53:55 AM »
Amateurs hit our homes and cars. This solution solves no one’s problem.

archie_struthers

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 12:51:35 PM »
 :o ;D

JaKa     we are still talking architecture here , love the idea

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »
I practiced next to an Olympic golfer today. How is a picker going to know the difference between my balls and hers?

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 01:13:49 PM »
I practiced next to an Olympic golfer today. How is a picker going to know the difference between my balls and hers?

This.

You can buy Lakeballs that look like the real thing, but are rough to toutch. Many are oversprayed with the exact logos reapplied.

This is a real problem for any rollback ball. Easiest thing in the bag to fake.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »
Yes
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back