News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Scott Warren
« on: July 13, 2023, 09:57:28 PM »
Just kidding
AKA Mayday

Charlie Goerges

Re: Scott Warren
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 09:58:14 PM »
Rest in power
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Ben Stephens

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 03:54:00 AM »
...... has been rather quiet regarding the red ball sport  ::)

where are you? it has been a while since your last course review  ;)

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 04:47:04 AM »

You obviously don't follow him on Twitter. I swear he posted about ten times an hour in the aftermath of the Jonny Bairstow incident in the second Test.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 05:09:13 AM »

You obviously don't follow him on Twitter. I swear he posted about ten times an hour in the aftermath of the Jonny Bairstow incident in the second Test.

Surely he only has to apologise once. You didn't make him grovel did you ?

Niall

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 05:34:23 AM »

Niall

In a remarkable turnaround from my normal hyper-partisanship where cricket and convicts are concerned, I thought the Aussies had a point about that particular incident, so kept my mouth shut.
Adam Lawrence

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 07:26:51 AM »
Met someone yesterday who said Scott was a lovely guy.

But then he was also an Austrailian.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 09:37:43 AM »

Niall

In a remarkable turnaround from my normal hyper-partisanship where cricket and convicts are concerned, I thought the Aussies had a point about that particular incident, so kept my mouth shut.

I thought the done thing was to give the batsman a warning and if he did it again he was fair game ? That's just good etiquette. I'd hate to think they play golf. Probably the sort of chaps who'd wear flip-flops in the clubhouse.

Niall

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 09:41:26 AM »

Niall

I thought the done thing was to give the batsman a warning and if he did it again he was fair game ? That's just good etiquette. I'd hate to think they play golf. Probably the sort of chaps who'd wear flip-flops in the clubhouse.

Niall

Yeah, and they call them 'thongs'  :)
Adam Lawrence

Mark Pearce

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 10:48:45 AM »

Niall

Niall
You are confusing it with Mankading.  An opposition bowler tried to Mankad one of my sons in a recent cup game.  Not only wasn't he very sporting, he also wasn't very bright and did so after completing his bowling action, when the batsman is allowed to be out of his ground.  Two balls later Gregor deposited him into the field behind midwicket.  As satisfying a sporting moment as I have witnessed this season.....
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 12:09:10 PM »
Loved the fact Bairstow called Smith 'Goodbye Smudge' - Smudge is Yorkshire slang for anyone called Smith

The spirit of the game is no longer - the Aussies were within the rules however it doesn't smell right to me - its almost like your opponent not reminding you to put back the marker in the right place on the green when had been moved out of the way and claiming the hole.

Mark Wood is a much needed game changer and its a pity he is not in tandem with Jofra.

I wonder how the MCC got on against Melbourne Cricket Club in the Ashes Golf Match? A mate played for the MCC years back and said they very rarely win in London and decided to take the match onto a links course - Sandwich which they duly won.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 12:45:20 PM »
Not off-topic, nor in bad taste, in the slightest.

Don't you have homes?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023, 01:52:22 PM »
Loved the fact Bairstow called Smith 'Goodbye Smudge' - Smudge is Yorkshire slang for anyone called Smith

The spirit of the game is no longer - the Aussies were within the rules however it doesn't smell right to me - its almost like your opponent not reminding you to put back the marker in the right place on the green when had been moved out of the way and claiming the hole.

Mark Wood is a much needed game changer and its a pity he is not in tandem with Jofra.

I wonder how the MCC got on against Melbourne Cricket Club in the Ashes Golf Match? A mate played for the MCC years back and said they very rarely win in London and decided to take the match onto a links course - Sandwich which they duly won.

Zero wrong with it. As opening batsman, I was dismissed in exactly the same way in the Leinster Cup Final 23 years ago. Very embarrassing but never even crossed my mind that it was unsporting.

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2023, 05:18:24 PM »

And I taught you how to play 12th at The Addington - the maddest of mad holes in the world.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 01:53:11 AM »

And I taught you how to play 12th at The Addington - the maddest of mad holes in the world.

And you raked after my bunker shot on 11!  Great to meet you Mike.
Outstanding work taking place there.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back