News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

OT—Winter Golf Gloves
« on: October 26, 2022, 09:40:23 AM »
Even growing up in Chicago, I never have tried Winter Golf Gloves. They always seemed awkward and bulky. Heading into this winter, I am curious if people think they are worthwhile and if so, which brand/model?

Thanks.

Brad Tufts

Re: OT—Winter Golf Gloves
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 09:00:02 AM »
I always preferred the big mittens, then take them off for your shot, then put them back on.  I have used the "winter gloves" before but they don't keep you too warm.

Of course they call them "cart mittens," but I have found they only work while walking, as your cart ride is usually too short for your hands to ever warm up.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Ben Malach

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 09:23:06 AM »
I know this is going to sound odd, but I have had great luck playing in those dollar store magic gloves.

They are thin enough to feel the club, while still keeping the wind and wet off your hands.

Bonus points for also being cheaper than a golf glove.

hope this helps.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Bret Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 09:25:34 AM »
I use the Jack Jolly & Son gloves.  They are the best winter gloves I have ever used.  Found them at a local pro shop and I recommend them to any one who enjoys winter golf. You can keep them on all day without pulling them off in between shots.

I don’t see them at a lot of pro shops, but if you can find them, they are worth grabbing.

Here is a link:

https://jackjollygolf.com/products/mens-winter-gloves?_pos=1&_sid=bc49a4508&_ss=r

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 09:40:35 AM »
Throw some hand warmers in your pockets (or inside the huge mittens). I guarantee you'll have no issues with cold hands.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 05:11:26 PM »
Throw some hand warmers in your pockets (or inside the huge mittens). I guarantee you'll have no issues with cold hands.
I agree with Dan this is what I have used. Heck growing up there was no hand warmers except for you blowing in them. Luxury now.
Also worth putting in a toe / feet warmers which can get icy cold if you are walking through cold with any moisture.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Peter Flory

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 05:20:15 PM »
I just use regular summer rain gloves on R and L hand and then have those golf mittens with hand warmers in them. 

What I've found is that if you keep your core and your ears/ head warm, the hands don't get as cold due to the blood flow. 

For core, I can play down into the 20s with just a moisture wicking base layer, a cashmere sweater, and a light wind shell.  With only 3 layers, it doesn't inhibit the swing at all and it is amazingly warm.  I've tried wool sweaters and other combinations, but this to me is the absolute best tradeoff between warmth and ability to swing freely. 

Steve Lang

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 09:07:02 PM »
Ira,

When I lived in NW Ohio I'd use a glove turned inside out for the other hand... for the relatively few wintertime "cabin fever" rounds played, that was certainly sufficient for basic protection.  Tried rain gloves, they never seemed to fit/feel right, but good for snowballing.  Now with a little arthritis creeping into the hands, I use left and right matching gloves when it gets cold...  never remove them for putting... last year wore them into the springtime.  Little extra grip more important than being hot or cold

and it doesn't get frigid here very often
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 09:59:33 PM »
I always preferred the big mittens, then take them off for your shot, then put them back on.  I have used the "winter gloves" before but they don't keep you too warm.

Of course they call them "cart mittens," but I have found they only work while walking, as your cart ride is usually too short for your hands to ever warm up.
Throw a pair of Hot Hands (or something similar) in them and they're like little oven mitt(en)s.  :)
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back