News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Greg Norman Interview: Residential Golf Communities
« on: April 02, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »

Greg Norman Knows About Golf and Golf Homes

The former player shared his perspective on emerging golf locales and what makes an ideal golf home today.Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Turkey, Costa Rica & Martin County, Florida

Sign up for the On Golf Newsletter.  Our analysis of the biggest tournaments, story lines and athletes in golf, delivered daily during the Masters. Get it sent to your inbox.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/01/realestate/greg-norman-golf-homes.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:39:34 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

cary lichtenstein

Re: Greg Norman Interview: Residential Golf Communities
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 09:12:05 AM »
I'm surprised that only Phil Mickelson has had his reputation tarnished and not Greg Norman who is spearheading the Saudi Tour against the PGA Tour
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

BHoover

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 09:49:48 AM »
Didn’t Greg Norman already have a reputation for being driven by greed and ego? Have you ever checked out his Instagram posts?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Didn’t Greg Norman already have a reputation for being driven by greed and ego? Have you ever checked out his Instagram posts?

Do adults check out celebrity instagram posts?

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 09:56:39 AM »

Do adults rip on others without any cause, whatsoever? I'd rather have sent you this in a DM, but you have me blocked.

Norman is a champion professional golfer before he is a celebrity. Celebrity, in my mind, has evolved into something a bit unearned and undeserved.

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 01:03:53 PM »

Do adults rip on others without any cause, whatsoever? I'd rather have sent you this in a DM, but you have me blocked.

Norman is a champion professional golfer before he is a celebrity. Celebrity, in my mind, has evolved into something a bit unearned and undeserved.

The last time Hoover mentioned Norman it was in reference to the size of his pecker. Norman’s to be exact. That is the behavior of neither an adult or a gentleman. My apologies if otherwise.

BHoover

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »
He’s day drinking yet again! Thank god for the alcohol!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 02:43:59 PM »
I'm surprised that only Phil Mickelson has had his reputation tarnished and not Greg Norman who is spearheading the Saudi Tour against the PGA Tour

The PGA Tour wears its meritocracy on its sleeve.  Like any number of capitalist enterprises, it likes markets sans strong competition.  And similar to other sports organizations, the Tour benefits from its reach into countries all over the world, some whose ruling classes and societies make the Saudis look rather benign in comparison.

To me, the severe reprisals to Lefty's comments had a lot more to do with sending a message to would-be competitors than a concern for the afflicted people of Saudi Arabia.  Golf at all levels is monetized by a small segment of people who, like us, love the game.  Some of these have achieved a lifestyle near par with the players they supposedly serve.  I can see how the prospect of a new league drawing some of the stars- independent contractors, so they say- can generate an extreme response, merit be damned.  Maybe Norman is seen by the Tour bureaucracy as someone not to mess with.

SL_Solow

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »
Lou,  my goodness, that sounds like the analysis that a Marxist historian might advance.  Seriously, I think that you are largely correct.  Phil gave the tour an opening where it could take the moral high ground while pursuing its economic aims.  As an aside, Phil's criticizing the tour's greed when he barely escaped an indictment for insider trading by paying back almost a million dollars in gains and informing the authorities that he would invoke the 5th amendment privilege against self-incrimination if called to testify is the height of arrogance.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back