News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Re: Wanted at ANGC - Landscape Architect & Planner
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:09:53 AM »
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
  • Competitive overall compensation package
  • Employee engagement activities and recognition events
  • Years of Service awards
  • Variety of benefits coverage options
  • 401(k) retirement plans
  • Pension Plan (paid by employer)
  • Wellness Program
  • PTO
  • Paid Holidays

Just mention - 1 foursome of golf each year and I'm in!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 09:37:25 AM »
I’m not at all sure they’d appreciate being told what I think they should do with their golf course, so I’M OUT!
 ;D
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 10:01:14 AM »
I’m not at all sure they’d appreciate being told what I think they should do with their golf course, so I’M OUT!
 ;D
F.

Marty, I don't get the impression that the in house guy would do any golf course design, and that would be handled by outside architects, with the LA preparing the exhibits.  Maybe they could stick their hand up in the discussions, who knows.

It does sound like an attractive position for those golf architects trained and active in traditional landscape architecture activities.  (i.e., "campus design."  It will be interesting to see who applies and who is considered and then hired (or retained in the more upscale language of ANGC.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is a landscape architecture trained GCA, perhaps a mid level guy from the profession with a name many of us know.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

john_stiles

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 05:48:06 PM »
i imagine the in house LA would be quite involved and very busy with the rest of ANGC properties acquired in the last 20 years or so.

There is a lot of work in the ongoing and upcoming development outside the course, the huge 'campus'.

For one thing, there will probably be continuing work in moving specimen trees to landscape the newer ANGC campus properties.

A pension plan?  Now that would be a nice old school benefit.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
My only surprise is that a job like this would actually get posted.  With all the contacts members and employees would know being apart of such a prestigious club and all?  And no one knew anybody to tap or pre-ordain?

Bruce Katona

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 06:28:18 PM »
Tough commute for BK but maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring just to see what happens.  There are many a fine and distinguished employers everyone on here would know that have declined my proefssional services.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back